Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Thenop on April 22, 2022, 10:35:42 AMAnd something called New Orleans Funeral and Parade Music. Haven't heard it yet, but I love the 2nd line music.
Live And Let Die?

Thenop

Quote from: David L on April 22, 2022, 11:30:28 AM
Quote from: Thenop on April 22, 2022, 10:35:42 AMAnd something called New Orleans Funeral and Parade Music. Haven't heard it yet, but I love the 2nd line music.
Live And Let Die?
For instance but also: Treme (the series). If you haven't seen it: it is worth watching.

Thenop

Waiting for the postie with the new Audrey Horne LP and a copy of Stormkeep - Tales of Othertime. Seems near impossible to get but I managed :-)

Ali

The Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell (RSD Picture Disc, my payment for helping my mate in his record shop on Saturday 😁)

David L

Just visited The Vinyl Vault in Cheltenham and picked up what look like good copies of Beck, Bogert & Appice and Heat In The Street by Pat Travers. Only a tenner each.

Thenop

Quote from: Ali on April 26, 2022, 10:38:10 PMThe Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell (RSD Picture Disc, my payment for helping my mate in his record shop on Saturday 😁)

Nice for helping out :-)
Do you listen to picture discs as well? I avoid them as uch as possible, not really for me. I always think people buy them for display purposes, no?

Slim

Somewhere I have a Power Windows picture disc, given to me by my cousin who worked for a record shop at the time. I'd forgotten about that. But I think it's the only picture disc I ever had. Once on holiday my dad was given a promotional picture disc by the camp site in Spain where we stayed that year. No idea what happened to that. I think it was a 7" single, and it had Spanish folk music on it.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Armored Saint - March of the Saint

Deffo not a picture disc.

I have Anvil's METAL ON METAL on picture disc. The scratchiness of it enhances it's METALLICITY

Ali

Quote from: Thenop on April 29, 2022, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 26, 2022, 10:38:10 PMThe Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell (RSD Picture Disc, my payment for helping my mate in his record shop on Saturday 😁)

Nice for helping out :-)
Do you listen to picture discs as well? I avoid them as uch as possible, not really for me. I always think people buy them for display purposes, no?

I have no issues whether it's black, coloured or picture discs these days - I think the audio quality issues with picture discs are a thing of the past....but they're also nice to look at too 😂

Ali

Wrathchild - Stakk Attakk

King Crimson - Earthbound

Eclectic taste,what me? 😁

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Ali on May 02, 2022, 11:15:56 AMWrathchild - Stakk Attakk

King Crimson - Earthbound

Eclectic taste,what me? 😁
Seems quite reasonable to me...

pdw1

Have we reached peak vinyl?
https://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2022/04/29/peak-vinyl-is-it-time-to-start-buying-cds-again/

Really like this blog. You would think it was written by Ali but he lives in Liverpool not Leigh=on-Sea

Ali

Quote from: pdw1 on May 02, 2022, 04:33:59 PMHave we reached peak vinyl?
https://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2022/04/29/peak-vinyl-is-it-time-to-start-buying-cds-again/

Really like this blog. You would think it was written by Ali but he lives in Liverpool not Leigh=on-Sea

Could well have been penned by own decrepit hand, you're not wrong 😂

I digress, today's vinyl was Magnum's Kingdom of Madness and a mint copy of ZZ Top's Afterburner for 7 squid (plus a remastered Tears for Fears the hurting on CD for a King's Ransom of 75 whole pennies 👍)

Slim

My own view is that vinyl died as a useful medium for new music when the CD format was introduced.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

A job lot of Peter Gabriel albums for £14:

Melt, Scratch, Security, Car
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."