Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on January 27, 2023, 06:59:07 PMO.R.k. - Screamnasiumn
Saw them a few years ago opening for Pineapple Thief, Pat Mastelotto is a beast. Someone wanted an LP signed and asked the rest of the band where he was.
"well, were he always is, at the bar"
Hell of a drummer though, who would've thought after hearing Mr. Mister...

Red Lenses

Quote from: pxr5 on October 07, 2022, 12:52:32 PM
Quote from: Red Lenses on October 07, 2022, 11:57:13 AM
Quote from: pxr5 on October 05, 2022, 04:26:15 PM
Quote from: Red Lenses on October 05, 2022, 04:01:17 PMOpposite of the thread title, I have started to flog my vinyl on E-Bay....most of my Rush Vinyl gone with a few remaining records finishing tonight and then i'll be onto my Yes vinyl and 80s Rock LPs later this month.

Top priority for E-Bay is an honest description of the condition of the record, no complaints so far (insert crossed fingers).
What's your ebay username if you don't mind - I'm always looking to buy decent vinyl? PM me if you don't want to show the world.

The last of my listings finished yesterday....won't be doing anything for a few weeks now as going on holiday next week (10 days in Lanzarote).
I will let you know nearer the time when I list them, it is a time consuming process (5 LPs to package up and take to the Post Office this afternoon).
Nice one, cheers buddy. Enjoy your holiday  8)

Been a while since i've posted due to external family factors taking over my life....the usual stuff that happens to relatives as you get older (mobility issues, dementia, serious time limiting illness & death).

With regards my records they have all gone, a Polish guy I work with took nearly everything off of me except for 2 Metallica LPs, a Faith No More 12" and a Motley Crue 7".
In the past 2 weeks I sold all my Yes LPs/12"s & 7"s but have an excellent 1st pressing of The Yes Album listed right now with the Plum/Orange label which didn't sell first time around.

pxr5

Pendragon - Men Who Climb Mountains
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Received the fanclub Riverside boxset, has a shirt, 2LP clear vinyl and all sorts of stuff. Nice.
Also the new Dewolff LP in a boxset, it is a solid album. Very retro, very good.

pxr5

Riverside - Love, Fear and the Time Machine   I've been after this on vinyl for a while, but it rarely comes up for sale and when it does it's for stupid money. I luckily got this mint from ebay for only £21 posted - bargain.

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on February 03, 2023, 06:37:43 PMRiverside - Love, Fear and the Time Machine   I've been after this on vinyl for a while, but it rarely comes up for sale and when it does it's for stupid money. I luckily got this mint from ebay for only £21 posted - bargain.

Was not aware this has become a rarity. But indeed when I look on Discogs there's only a handful for sale. Are there others you are missing from them?

pxr5

Quote from: Thenop on February 04, 2023, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: pxr5 on February 03, 2023, 06:37:43 PMRiverside - Love, Fear and the Time Machine  I've been after this on vinyl for a while, but it rarely comes up for sale and when it does it's for stupid money. I luckily got this mint from ebay for only £21 posted - bargain.

Was not aware this has become a rarity. But indeed when I look on Discogs there's only a handful for sale. Are there others you are missing from them?
Not really - I now have the last 3 albums on vinyl. I'll keep a look out for the earlier ones, but their remastered debut is quite cheap - the rest are a lot. Re LFatTM, the only one for sale on ebay is £150 from Poland and at Discogs it's $80 from Ukraine for the lowest priced. Oh yeah just realised I do want to get Lost 'n' Found - Live in Tilburg.

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on February 04, 2023, 12:27:43 PM
Quote from: Thenop on February 04, 2023, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: pxr5 on February 03, 2023, 06:37:43 PMRiverside - Love, Fear and the Time Machine  I've been after this on vinyl for a while, but it rarely comes up for sale and when it does it's for stupid money. I luckily got this mint from ebay for only £21 posted - bargain.

Not really - I now have the last 3 albums on vinyl. I'll keep a look out for the earlier ones, but their remastered debut is quite cheap - the rest are a lot. Re LFatTM, the only one for sale on ebay is £150 from Poland and at Discogs it's $80 from Ukraine for the lowest priced. Oh yeah just realised I do want to get Lost 'n' Found - Live in Tilburg.

Yeah, goes to show you should be there early. I managed to buy 1 box from the fanclub half a year ago with the first 3 LPs, some live stuff and other goodies. Was not cheap but...there is now 1 for sale on Discogs for 850  :o  Funny thing is it states 'sealed', the thing was never sealed. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with Discogs sellers these days because of things like this.

The only normal LP I am missing is ADHD, I'll wait for a repress I think..

pxr5

The Tangent - A Place in the Queue   first time on vinyl - on green and black marbled vinyl

Thenop

ZZ Top - first album. Apparently analog cut, sounds real nice and open.

pxr5

pxr5

Pendragon - Fallen Dreams & Angels & All The Loose Ends

pxr5

The Neal Morse Band - Innocence and Danger

pxr5

Pendragon - Passion   Rarely comes up for sale, so got this relatively cheap.
Comus - Out of the Coma    white/black splatter

Thenop

Immanuel Wilkins - the 7th Hand, marvelleous and sprawling jazz album. Lots of percussionwork, lively jumping up and down rhythmic playing and free jazz improvs. Also moments of near silence to take a breath just before kicking into a 27 minute freejazz jam as album closer.

Kiss - the Elder. Yes, again. I have the original '81 cut, the CD and the remastered CD, but this is a new half speed master on vinyl, from Germany on clear vinyl with the track listing as it was originally intended. And rejected by the label because 'no single as opener'. Need to listen to this tomorrow to hear how it sounds. Has a very nice embossed cover as well and some goodies like photos and (believe it or not) a lyric sheet translated in German...