Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

King Crimson - The ReconstruKction of Light
Japan - Exorcising Ghosts
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Ali

An American copy of UFO - No Place to Run for 4 squid 😁

David L

Bought a nice-looking s/h copy of Robin Trower's Long Misty Days this morning. Just playing it through now, looks like a steal for £4.50!

Ali

Quote from: David L on March 24, 2022, 03:12:02 PMBought a nice-looking s/h copy of Robin Trower's Long Misty Days this morning. Just playing it through now, looks like a steal for £4.50!

Excellent acquisition sir, enjoy!

Robin has incomparable tone 👌

pxr5

I'm not sure why, but I've just bought the new Caravan album It's None of Your Business. Maybe nostalgia, but it's a nice red colour at least.

pxr5

pxr5

Jakszyk, Fripp & Collins : A Scarcity of Miracles (A King Crimson ProjeKct) 

Ali

Masters of Reality - Sunrise on the Sufferbus 😎
(missed out on it's first-ever vinyl release on Black Friday a few years back, it's just been reissued on clear vinyl)

Ali

A-II-Z - The Witch of Berkeley (Live)

David L

Quote from: Ali on April 07, 2022, 09:40:46 PMA-II-Z - The Witch of Berkeley (Live)
Wow! There's a band from the dim and distant past! I remember seeing them on a support slot in the early 80s. I was impressed enough t buy the No Fun After Midnight 12" single (red vinyl) - excellent. I remember the lead guitarist had long curly hair with a blond streak ( a la Joe Perry) at the front and I think I can recall him playing a Gibson Explorer (a la Sammy Hagar). Very cool.
Never heard that first record myself. Just read it was recorded in their hometown in the hall of the Hazel Grove High School!  I remember the cover for some reason though  ;D
They burned bright but didn't last long! Coincidentally, I'm working in Berkeley tomorrow!
(just remembered, I bought the I'm The One Who Loves You single too)

pdw1

Quote from: Ali on April 05, 2022, 02:50:02 PMMasters of Reality - Sunrise on the Sufferbus 😎
(missed out on it's first-ever vinyl release on Black Friday a few years back, it's just been reissued on clear vinyl)
Absolutely fantastic album. Brilliant drums from Ginger Backer and the rest of em aint bad either. Probably a desert island disc for me.

Ali

Be-Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic
Magnum - Vigilante

2 quid each 👍

pxr5

I just couldn't resist getting this on vinyl:

T2 - It'll all Work Out in Boomland

It'd be nice to get the original 1970 version, but the copies are crazy prices.

Oor Wullie

Bought a few things recently.

New -
Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point
Envy Of None - Envy Of None
Roger Waters - Is This The Life We Really Want?

2nd hand -
Tears For Fears - The Hurting
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
Eagles - The Long Run

Thenop

Meddle, for little, early press at a local charity shop :-) Cleaned up nicely and plays very well.
And something called New Orleans Funeral and Parade Music. Haven't heard it yet, but I love the 2nd line music.