Main Menu

U2 - Las Vegas 'tour'

Started by Thenop, October 02, 2023, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Not the biggest fan, really like Live Under a blood red sky and that period mostly, but when I came across some live footage from the LV residency they are doing (do NOT look at ticket prices....) I figured it's worth a post.
It is quite something, playing a dome stadium with 360 projection. Yes, it is that impressive. There's no doubt a lot more on YT but I fond this one particularly impressive.

The Picnic Wasp

My goodness! Geddy is quite cheap! They seem to have shaken off those post-punk shackles.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on October 02, 2023, 03:21:51 PMMy goodness! Geddy is quite cheap! They seem to have shaken off those post-punk shackles.
I specifically said to NOT look at the ticket prices. Think about your heart man!

Matt2112

I'm a U2 fanboi and have looked at price of a concert ticket, air ticket and hotel room.

It's nice to dream.

Thenop

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 02, 2023, 06:23:49 PMI'm a U2 fanboi and have looked at price of a concert ticket, air ticket and hotel room.

It's nice to dream.
You have your health & 2 kidneys?

dom

It looks sensational! Probably only available/viable to megastars, the biggest draws in the market

captainkurtz

As impressive as it is, I've seen both Feist and PJ Harvey last month perform incredibly creative gigs with absolutely zero budget in small venues with a real connection to the audience....I think I prefer that.  As impressive as this is...it's just a little too much...

Thenop

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 02, 2023, 08:33:02 PMAs impressive as it is, I've seen both Feist and PJ Harvey last month perform incredibly creative gigs with absolutely zero budget in small venues with a real connection to the audience....I think I prefer that.  As impressive as this is...it's just a little too much...

Something to be said for both. U2 is a small setting with Achtung songs wouldn't keep, PJ Harvey in a circus setting neither.
That said, this is Vegas, the crazier it gets, the more they eat it up.

David L

I see David Howell Evans is still struggling to come to terms with his hair loss  ;D

Slim

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 02, 2023, 08:33:02 PMAs impressive as it is, I've seen both Feist and PJ Harvey last month perform incredibly creative gigs with absolutely zero budget in small venues with a real connection to the audience....I think I prefer that.  As impressive as this is...it's just a little too much...

All the gigs I've seen over the last five years or so have been little places where you're likely to rub shoulders with members of the band in the toilets or at the bar. I definitely prefer that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

On American F2F sites tickets are considerably cheaper than on ticketbsatard etc.

Still very pricey, mind.  I reckon a two night return trip from the U.K. would still set you back something like £2K

I researched all this merely out of curiosity, of course. ::)

Thenop

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 03, 2023, 06:27:57 PMOn American F2F sites tickets are considerably cheaper than on ticketbsatard etc.

Still very pricey, mind.  I reckon a two night return trip from the U.K. would still set you back something like £2K

I researched all this merely out of curiosity, of course. ::)

You sound sincere