Main Menu

Steven Wilson - Harmony Codex

Started by pxr5, August 29, 2023, 12:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Just a month to wait and now on pre-order. I'm so glad there hasn't been that drip feed of tracks beforehand - there have been some invite-only listening events though, which have provided positive feedback (but they would wouldn't they).

https://burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

And just as I've pre-ordered the orange vinyl version he goes and drops a song on Youtube - twat. I'm not posting it here as I won't be listening.

Thenop

Not saying anything about the music except that I really enjoyed this, I am going to say the choreography and videography in this clip is fantastic.
Will be pre ordering this when it is up at my local favourite store.

Nick

Quote from: pxr5 on August 29, 2023, 01:22:40 PMAnd just as I've pre-ordered the orange vinyl version he goes and drops a song on Youtube - twat. I'm not posting it here as I won't be listening.

Another single next week... I'm all for instant gratification me.

Thenop

For those that need to know: new single up on YT. 10+ minutes.

The Picnic Wasp

When did Mike Oldfield join the band? This is more like it.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on August 29, 2023, 05:34:03 PMNot saying anything about the music except that I really enjoyed this, I am going to say the choreography and videography in this clip is fantastic.
Will be pre ordering this when it is up at my local favourite store.

Not quite sure yet.

pxr5

I still haven't played any of the tracks but this morning I got my Burning Shed notice of shipment for the orange vinyl. Maybe here tomorrow.  :)

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on September 26, 2023, 11:03:10 AMI still haven't played any of the tracks but this morning I got my Burning Shed notice of shipment for the orange vinyl. Maybe here tomorrow.  :)

Good for you. Mine's probably not shipped until Thursday to be received on Friday.
On the other hand, I have heard all the released track - only once though, want to keep it fresh.

Pudders

Quote from: pxr5 on September 26, 2023, 11:03:10 AMI still haven't played any of the tracks but this morning I got my Burning Shed notice of shipment for the orange vinyl. Maybe here tomorrow.  :)

I've managed to avoid it as well, despite having the opportunity to listen to a review link a while back! CD is on pre order for a record store signing in Oxford on Monday and I hope to have the Blu-ray tomorrow...we shall see!

captainkurtz

Nick

Waiting on the blu ray to hear the atmos version. Generally like all I have heard so far.

pxr5

The orange vinyl turned up today, but I won't have a chance to play just yet.

dom

Quote from: Thenop on September 05, 2023, 07:52:23 AMFor those that need to know: new single up on YT. 10+ minutes.

That's the best of what I've heard so far.  Had a La Villa Strangiato feel to it, with a Pink Floyd King Crimson twist.  Classic prog

Nick

My blu ray is here, sounds fantastic