2 (40%)
a cumulative points competition
3 (60%)
I'd rather we didn't have another competition for a while
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 27, 2023, 04:46:45 PM

Slim

I thought we might have another Wordle competition to mark the last UK bank holiday of the year. In the past we've run two types of competition - one which runs over a fixed period (say ten days) and is points-based, and one which is a knockout contest with players being eliminated if they fail to get the solution in four goes.

Please vote only if you would normally take part in one of the competitions, or intend to take part in the next one.

Thanks!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Thanks to those who voted.

So starting tomorrow we'll commence another competition with the usual cumulative points rules:

• Contestants are asked not to visit the Wordle thread (or other Wordle discussions) until their own attempt for the day has been completed.
  • If you miss a day no problem, just use https://infinite-sword.github.io/ReWordle/ or similar when you can and submit retrospectively.
  • The Reg Wordle Scoring SystemTM will be used: 0 points if you fail, 1 if you get it in 6, 2 if you get it in 5 - and so on.

I suggest 10 days, but welcome opinions on that.

@dom you asked to be notified; I think you should get a messageboard alert from this post.

Thanks!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Good luck everybody😀
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

I've assumed everyone who normally Wordles in the other thread wants to take part but let me know if not, and I'll discreetly amend the spreadsheet I've just started. Thanks!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Here's the situation after the first two rounds. Note that the numbers in the blue column are the number of goes; the formula in the rightmost column (current score) does the maths. Just makes life a bit easier. The formula is: number of rounds done x 7 - sum of goes taken.

A live view of the spreadsheet can be seen here.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I suppose I should get the spreadsheet to sort itself into a sort of league table.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

naah leave it like it is  ;)

Fishy

The Picnic Wasp

Fishy

Thenop

Quote from: Fishy on September 01, 2023, 02:05:35 PMPicnic miles ahead there
Slim and myself a hole in one, Picnic not getting the word at all and by the end of tomorrow we live in a changed landscape.

Fishy

Quote from: Thenop on September 01, 2023, 03:20:51 PM
Slim and myself a hole in one, Picnic not getting the word at all and by the end of tomorrow we live in a changed landscape.
But back in the real world...😀

Thenop

Quote from: Fishy on September 01, 2023, 03:32:36 PM
Quote from: Thenop on September 01, 2023, 03:20:51 PM
But back in the real world...😀
Leave me in my Matrix

Fishy

How's the spreadsheet looking
now?

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan