Main Menu

Van Halen - MoR 1984

Started by David L, August 21, 2023, 10:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Probably won't stay up too long!

I only really went for VH. The only time I got to see them, unfortunately. The criticism of "too many solos, not enough songs" is valid. I remember coming away a little disappointed.  AC/DC seemed to be going through the motions somewhat too. Great day out though!

This is an interesting perspective,. Taken from the stage, you get to see Diamond Dave's moves close-up. I remember his raps very clearly. This includes the walk-on and some after- show footage featuring Neil Schon and 'The Ox' backstage with EVH

https://www.loudersound.com/news/van-halen-donington-1984-video?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social&utm_content=classic-rock&fbclid=IwAR3dyyukSB2h9xvRIBqnIHQEZ7GrGIeQ9VOy_4nqHC9wjU4jVNRcLcMJV6I

Slim

Nick inexplicably posted this YouTube video in the Cycling thread:

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on August 23, 2023, 10:21:38 PMNick inexplicably posted this YouTube video in the Cycling thread:

Oh lordy, where's the picture of my knob been posted then?

Matt2112

Difficult to judge the whole gig on that choppy footage, but they appear to come firing out of the blocks for a few songs and visibly tire as they go on.  And how many stage invaders!!??

Btw, our old TNMS friend Summerland (Giles), appears very briefly a couple of times, at around 24 and 38 minutes, waving a couple of small flags. :)