Main Menu

Football

Started by Slim, February 26, 2022, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: David L on March 26, 2022, 01:43:42 PM
Quote from: Matt2112 on March 26, 2022, 12:07:37 PMMaybe under the reign of Fergie, but not now.
I think I'm correct

https://www.sportsunfold.com/top-10-most-popular-football-clubs-in-the-world/

So, not the only league table Man U have been gradually sliding down. 😉😬

dom

I'd agree that Real Madrid are ahead of Barca as the biggest club in Spain. Probably the World too. Barca probably realise this too hence the club motto 'mes que un club'.  In other words yes Madrid are probably the bigger club but we are more than a club

dom

From the biggest clubs in the World to one a fair bit smaller. A bit of sympathy is required for Dover. They didn't have the finances to complete last season without fans and were punished with a 12 point deduction. After 28 matches they've got themselves to minus 4 prior to a tricky looking trip to high flying and Hollywood backed Wrexham.

Wrexham quickly went 2 up before Dover scored and then kept scoring. Unbelievably after 63 minutes they were ahead 5  2 and looking at the heady heights of minus 1 point. Wrexham had pulled 2 back by the 70th minute. The score was the same at 90 minutes before Wrexham equalised then broke any Kent hearts that made the trip by scoring a winner in the 98th minute.

Sport can be cruel.

Slim

Yes I heard on Talk Sport this afternoon that it had gone to 6-5 in the 98th minute. Remarkable.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

The race for 4th place is looking exciting this year.  Arsenal ahead on points and with a game in hand but with a tough run in compared to Spurs.

The yet to be scheduled North London derby could turn into a Champions League qualifier.

United may still have a part to play but they are playing so horribly at the moment. It's bizarre as on paper their squad should be fighting it out with City and Liverpool

dom

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premierleague-top-four-relegation-supercomputer-26612788

The fabled supercomputer has had its say and predicted the results of the remaining fixtures.

It reckons Liverpool have an 80% chance of winning the league and City only 20%.

That does seem like a wider gap than I was expecting.

An even greater gap for the final Champions league spot with Arsenal given a 96% chance of securing it. Spurs just 3% and United an all too remote 0.3% chance of playing Champions League football next year.

Too me the odds should be tighter than that.

David L

Quote from: dom on March 26, 2022, 05:11:38 PMFrom the biggest clubs in the World to one a fair bit smaller. A bit of sympathy is required for Dover. They didn't have the finances to complete last season without fans and were punished with a 12 point deduction. After 28 matches they've got themselves to minus 4 prior to a tricky looking trip to high flying and Hollywood backed Wrexham.

Wrexham quickly went 2 up before Dover scored and then kept scoring. Unbelievably after 63 minutes they were ahead 5  2 and looking at the heady heights of minus 1 point. Wrexham had pulled 2 back by the 70th minute. The score was the same at 90 minutes before Wrexham equalised then broke any Kent hearts that made the trip by scoring a winner in the 98th minute.

Sport can be cruel.
Shame. You'd think Dover would have a lot of tasty foreign players at their disposal

Slim

What I'm most sceptical about is the proposition that the Mirror used a "supercomputer" to make these deliberations. Probably a spreadsheet on a desktop PC.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quote from: Slim on April 02, 2022, 10:05:01 AMWhat I'm most sceptical about is the proposition that the Mirror used a "supercomputer" to make these deliberations. Probably a spreadsheet on a desktop PC.

;D or the hack with a pencil on the back of his fag packet!

dom

I think that fag packet has been trashed!

Rufus_the_dawg

The world cup winning mighty Hammers are still in the chase for 4th!

Rufus_the_dawg

The wheels have well and truly fallen of the Chelsea bandwagon.

Rufus_the_dawg

dom