Main Menu

Football

Started by Slim, February 26, 2022, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

VAR just sums up what's wrong with football and society.

Fishy

How do Saudi Arabia get handed a World Cup?.. unbelievable
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Quote from: Fishy on October 31, 2023, 03:07:08 PMHow do Saudi Arabia get handed a World Cup?.. unbelievable
$$$$$$$$$$

pxr5

Strange goings on at Ajax? I've just read this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67285617 and from that article Ajax I discovered that they are currently bottom of the Dutch Eredivisie https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/dutch-eredivisie/table - odd times indeed.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

United a goal up at Fulham a few minutes into the game and it's just as well. Must-win game for United. You've got to think Erik's job's on the line if they lose.

That said, it must be obvious by now that the manager isn't the problem.

Oh hang on .. it's gone to VAR ... was Maguire interfering with play in an offside position? Apparently he was, goal disallowed.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Bizarre and hugely entertaining game between Spurs and Chelsea tonight.

Amongst other barely-believable stats, from one point Tottenham had only three outfield players on the pitch who started the match.

Great stuff for the neutral.

dom

Can't imagine it was as much fun in the ground! Unless you were a Chelsea fan, perhaps! All those VAR delays!

About time Spurs came a cropper. Hopefully they pick up a bit of negative momentum from this result and go on a long losing run😊

Slim

Harry Kane has already scored 20 goals for Bayern in all competitions, he's something like the Bundesliga Haaland. Which makes me wonder how many he'd have scored if he'd gone to Man City.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Quote from: Slim on October 25, 2023, 11:06:19 PMJust heard breaking news that the PL has recommended a 12 point deduction for Everton. Brutal.
10 points in the end - wow. An appeal has gone in of course.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

I think they should just suck that up, makes no meaningful difference to their season. They won't go down and they weren't going to get a Europa League place. Last season, it would have sent them down so they've got off lightly.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Cup football is the best. We won yesterday, but Ajax lost just now to a third division amateur team.

Not sure which of the 2 games I enjoyed more...

Slim

How is this 19 years ago?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67868505

.. and it's very interesting to hear Peter Schmeichel and Alan Hansen discussing the potential disadvantages of video technology back in 2005 (video in the link). Prescient comments from both.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

VAR currently causing mayhem north of the border. Rangers in meltdown and demanding that a certain official is never again appointed to referee any of their matches. This, despite the fact they have only just conceded their first domestic penalty in two years. You couldn't make it up.😂😂😂

Edit: I nearly forgot. Their right back is also currently their leading goal scorer. He takes their penalties. Move along now. Nothing to see here.😉

Thenop

And again cup football: we beat PSV just now, on to the quarter final.
Let's go Feyenoord!

Thenop

More cup football, we beat AZ (again, last Sunday for the league) with 2-0 to go through to the semis.