Main Menu

Football

Started by Slim, February 26, 2022, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

A really nice thought Slim, but something like that is never going to happen at this level sadly. Anyway, the fates have stepped in and as I type this it's 2-4 2-5.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Anyone predict yesterday's score at Anfield?

I didn't see the game but who decided that the United defence should go back to its early season form?

Interesting to see whether its just a blip to both sides or whether its a shift that will continue til the rnd of the season.

My inkling is that Liverpool will regain their form from last season and it will just prove to be a blip for United. The Old Trafford side could even use it to galvanise themselves between now and the end of the season.

dom

Lineker has been dropped from MOTD and Ian Wright has pulled out in solidarity. Wonder who'll end up presenting it. Matt Le Tissier and Peter Shilton?

dom

Shearer won't appear either. The BBC has got itself in a right mess

David L

Let's hope it saves them some money and we get a reduction in the TV tax

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on March 10, 2023, 07:30:24 PMLet's hope it saves them some money and we get a reduction in the TV tax
Word.

Let's hope the overpaid gobshites disappear for good and take their loathsome soccerball with them.

Matt2112

Regardless of what MOTD viewers think of opinions that have been posted on Twatter by MOTD presenters, I suspect Saturday's broadcast might ram home just how superfluous and super-expensive for license fee payers the MOTD presenters actually are.

Remember when it was just Jimmy Hill introducing the matches, just giving each one a bit of background context with a genuine enthusiasm?

Now it's three divas mostly engaging in lame, conceited, sub-Top Gear matey banter, punctuated by Lineker's abysmal primary school puns.  It's gotten very, very tedious.

Hopefully they'll stick with a presenter-less format from now on.

Or maybe get, say, Peter Crouch in to do it; I think he'd be quite good and a lot more naturalistic and appealing than the usual incumbents.

dom

Some of the commentators have announced that they won't be commentating either. Real solidarity shown. Marvellous! 

David L

Quote from: dom on March 10, 2023, 11:53:49 PMSome of the commentators have announced that they won't be commentating either. Real solidarity shown. Marvellous! 
Indeed. The wage bill is tumbling

dom

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 10, 2023, 10:07:15 PMRegardless of what MOTD viewers think of opinions that have been posted on Twatter by MOTD presenters, I suspect Saturday's broadcast might ram home just how superfluous and super-expensive for license fee payers the MOTD presenters actually are.

Remember when it was just Jimmy Hill introducing the matches, just giving each one a bit of background context with a genuine enthusiasm?

Now it's three divas mostly engaging in lame, conceited, sub-Top Gear matey banter, punctuated by Lineker's abysmal primary school puns.  It's gotten very, very tedious.

Hopefully they'll stick with a presenter-less format from now on.

Or maybe get, say, Peter Crouch in to do it; I think he'd be quite good and a lot more naturalistic and appealing than the usual incumbents.

I don't agree with this. If I watch Arsenal play earlier in the day, I'll watch again in the evening (providing Arsenal have won) on MOTD just to see the punditry. I'll often disagree with their opinions, but I'm interested in seeing what they say anyway.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on March 11, 2023, 08:46:35 AMI'll often disagree with their opinions, but I'm interested in seeing what they say anyway.
You like listening to barely educated people talking shit? Get a life!
I watch TV to escape people like Mrs S and the boy.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 11, 2023, 10:51:04 AM
Quote from: dom on March 11, 2023, 08:46:35 AMI'll often disagree with their opinions, but I'm interested in seeing what they say anyway.
You like listening to barely educated people talking shit? Get a life!
I watch TV to escape people like Mrs S and the boy.

What about people who can't escape and get a life? TV is company for a lot of folk who don't have much human contact and lead a lonely existence. You know the sort I mean. The old guy holding up the checkout queue chatting to the staff.

dom

Even better for David, Radio 5 live won't have any commentaries on today's football. What an unholy mess.

36 Tory mps are demanding an apology from Lineker. That's not going to happen. And if you can only get 36 prepared to put their name to this perhaps you shouldn't bother 😂

pxr5

Fuckin' sheep can all sod off for me. Just sack all the overpaid gits and get someone else in if needed. Maybe if the BBC got rid of football our licence fees might drop - considerably. Then we can all watch much superior sports like Rugby and Cricket.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

No Football Focus.😢