Main Menu

Football

Started by Slim, February 26, 2022, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

For me it was a positive.  An expression against years and years of bigotry at fooball grounds.  The players were making a clear and obvious rejection of this.

dom

Looking forward to the big game of the weekend in London. The West Yorkshire titans taking on the sleeping giants of North West London. Wonder how Barnet v Halifax will play out. Halifax were strong last season whereas Barnet seem to have found a home in the lower reaches of the national league.

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quote from: Slim on August 04, 2022, 11:02:27 PM

Love that clip! Brilliant! "Titans v giants making them both seem normal sized"😂

Matt2112

Quote from: dom on August 04, 2022, 08:36:49 PMLooking forward to the big game of the weekend in London. The West Yorkshire titans taking on the sleeping giants of North West London. Wonder how Barnet v Halifax will play out. Halifax were strong last season whereas Barnet seem to have found a home in the lower reaches of the national league.

As soon as the fixture list was released I booked a return rail trip to King's Cross (and it's an easy tube journey from there to Canons Park), fully intending to travel.

However, long story short, I subsequently had to schedule a holiday which clashed, so I rebooked my tickets for Maidenhead on 2nd Sept (a few southern-based TNMSers / BTWers are meeting up for this game also - everyone welcome 😊).

So I'll be listening to the match commentary under a parasol by a swimming pool, probably. 😎

dom

Enjoy the sun! Hope the commentary doesn't spoil things too much !

:D

dom

Hope the Greek setting was a big enough distraction during away the commentary Matt!

Matt2112

Quote from: dom on August 06, 2022, 05:11:05 PMHope the Greek setting was a big enough distraction during away the commentary Matt!

Yes, it needed to be!

Sounds very much like a real horror show of a display from us and Barnet strolled to a comfortable and deserved win.

The only silver lining is that we have good competition for every position in the team, so I expect there'll be a major overhaul for our first home game next Saturday (I'll be arriving home in the wee small hours of that morning).

dom

What is going on at United?? Such a poor result yesterday.

Martinez looks completely ill equipped to be a centre back in the premier league snd you have to question who made the decision to spend all that money on him.

Ronaldo is toxic and I think United may regret not getting rid when they had the chance.

Will more transfers be sanctioned before the transfer window shuts or will the board be worried about throwing more money after bad?

Slim

Was going to start a United thread. I'll do that in a bit. Horrific situation.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Tuchel sacked by Chelsea. Who do they have lined up? Seems insane on the face of it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Talking to Potter, the Brighton manager.  Seems they plan to work in the same way as they did under Abramovic

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Thankfully the inane decision to cancel the football and racing (but not cricket, golf, Rugby League etc etc) has lasted only one game day.  Back to normal this week - albeit where the respective sports belatedly get their opportunity to pay their due respects; I won't be excluding myself from that. 

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 12, 2022, 10:09:40 AMThankfully the inane decision to cancel the football and racing (but not cricket, golf, Rugby League etc etc) has lasted only one game day. 
Well, the last three days of the Tour of Britain cycle race called off its last three stages, but I read that was because the Police motorbike riders who shepherd the event were called to duty in London - and were bored off their tits because they had nowt to do...