Main Menu

The 90s

Started by Thenop, August 02, 2023, 07:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Ah yes Jack Relax, I was Facebook friends with her for a long time; can't remember why I unfriended her now. She once tried to persuade the powers-that-be at rushmessageboard.com to ban the 'Brit Trolls' - Nick, myself and couple of other UK-based fans who didn't share her enthusiasm for some of the more recent Rush material.

She had a meltdown on Facebook on that unfortunate night that Trump beat Hilary; I think she posted I CAN'T BREATHE at one point, bless her.

There's a White House public information film somewhere on YouTube in which she appears with Obama.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on August 24, 2023, 05:48:30 PMShe had a meltdown on Facebook on that unfortunate night that Trump beat Hilary; I think she posted I CAN'T BREATHE at one point, bless her.

That was the Russians, that was   :)

R6GYY

90's?

The Wildhearts were, well, MIGHTY.

Hard to believe that Earth vs. The Wildhearts is 30 years old.

Here's the song that hooked me in:

I think I may still have some of their early vinyl somewhere. I know I had a single-sided 12 inch promo of Turning American that I paid £3 for in 1992 or 1993 but I have a horrible feeling that it has got lost along the way. Not that I have a deck to play it on.

Thenop

Quote from: R6GYY on September 05, 2023, 11:16:41 PM90's?

The Wildhearts were, well, MIGHTY.

Hard to believe that Earth vs. The Wildhearts is 30 years old.

Here's the song that hooked me in:

I think I may still have some of their early vinyl somewhere. I know I had a single-sided 12 inch promo of Turning American that I paid £3 for in 1992 or 1993 but I have a horrible feeling that it has got lost along the way. Not that I have a deck to play it on.

I love Ginger's solo output, he has been quite prolific over the years. Fantastic melodies, super catchy stuff. The 555 album (expanded version) has a gazillion songs, most of them great. And Albion has really great songs as well.
Check them out on his Bandacmp page that has only a =fraction of what he's done over the past 10-15years. It's worth a listen.
https://gingerwildheart.bandcamp.com/