The Latest BBC Controversy

Started by Slim, July 09, 2023, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Slim

I note that the BBC added a subtle hint of oblique whataboutery in their press release there:

"the corporation "does not tolerate anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, or any form of abuse"

I couldn't see the faintest hint of Islamophobia in any of her posts. I did see quite a bit of hating on white folks, but unsurprisingly the corporation isn't overly concerned with that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Another apology. This time for calling Reform UK "far-right"

dom

Quote from: David L on March 19, 2024, 02:59:01 PMAnother apology. This time for calling Reform UK "far-right"

Some people are way too sensitive - especially the far right!

Matt2112

People on the right wing who aren't far right appear to be far right when looking from the far left.

dom

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 20, 2024, 07:28:27 AMPeople on the right wing who aren't far right appear to be far right when looking from the far left.

Undoubtedly - the reverse is just as true

It can't be helped really. If you're standing at the far left of a room, say, everything is to your right, and vice versa.

I wonder if that's some sort of test of how politically balanced you are.

The more things you perceive to be left wing, the more right wing you are and vice versa.

The BBC is perhaps quite a good test in fact, as it appears those to the right perceive it to be left wing and those on the right to be left wing.

Slim

It's not a great test, because it's empirically left-wing.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Doesn't seem very important frankly, we know by now that Israel is conducting a barbaric and inhuman ethnic cleansing operation irrespective of the source.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 25, 2024, 09:27:37 PMDoesn't seem very important frankly, we know by now that Israel is conducting a barbaric and inhuman ethnic cleansing operation irrespective of the source.
I thought you may find that particular example of bias a tad more acceptable
;)

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 25, 2024, 09:27:37 PMDoesn't seem very important frankly, we know by now that Israel is conducting a barbaric and inhuman ethnic cleansing operation irrespective of the source.
'Tin-Foiler-in-Chief' has your back on this one:

https://www.newsweek.com/alex-jones-israel-mass-genocide-hamas-x-twitter-1882276

Slim

I heard a BBC commentator say that the Chelsea women's team were "down to ten men" against Barcelona earlier. There'll be a stern internal email about that on Monday, I imagine.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan