The Latest BBC Controversy

Started by Slim, July 09, 2023, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Oh dear .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgr49q591go

Just to be clear I don't see this as a failing on the part of the BBC - but it is a sorry twist to the news story that prompted this thread.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 29, 2024, 04:52:38 PMOh dear .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgr49q591go

Just to be clear I don't see this as a failing on the part of the BBC - but it is a sorry twist to the news story that prompted this thread.
Nonce The Nine O'Clock News

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on July 29, 2024, 04:52:38 PMOh dear .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgr49q591go

I mean it's all bad stuff.....Category A material.. what a bastard...
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Few questions for the bbc to answer. They knew he'd been arrested but still paid him and then give him a bloody increase..

Lisa Nandy will sort it 🙄

Slim

Quote from: Fishy on August 01, 2024, 08:41:11 AMFew questions for the bbc to answer. They knew he'd been arrested but still paid him and then give him a bloody increase..

Lisa Nandy will sort it 🙄

Well to be honest I don't think an arrest in itself should be enough to terminate someone's employment. It's a bit of a complicated story, I'm not sure he did retain the images he was sent, and he did specifically ask not to receive any illegal images when they were offered. I don't know that he actually asked for the ones that were sent to him. So I'm a bit confused about this but perhaps the details will come out after he's been sentenced.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Agree it's a bit of a mess but if someone sends you a pic like that why not go straight to police...?  .. messages from a convicted  paedo.. again  report to the police....all very odd......A bit of a double life thing going on..

Slim

Jermaine Jenas has been sacked over workplace conduct now, didn't see that coming. Wonder what he's done? Perhaps we'll find out.

Promising career wrecked there, he had it all going for him as a BBC presenter - charismatic, articulate speaker, photogenic, and of course black.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on August 22, 2024, 07:41:36 PMJermaine Jenas has been sacked over workplace conduct now, didn't see that coming. Wonder what he's done? Perhaps we'll find out.

The most obvious.....called Lineker a c**t

Fishy

Alex Jones needs to tell the nation the truth... on second thought.. nah don't bother...

Matt2112

He's awful as a football co-commentator and should have been sacked long ago on that basis alone.

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on August 22, 2024, 07:41:36 PMJermaine Jenas has been sacked over workplace conduct now, didn't see that coming. Wonder what he's done? Perhaps we'll find out.

Promising career wrecked there, he had it all going for him as a BBC presenter - charismatic, articulate speaker, photogenic, and of course black.

Inappropriate texts......

captainkurtz

Honestly, some men can be thick shits.  Jesus.

I love the 'I've got a problem and I'm seeking help' line.  Dude, you got horny and got caught out, own it.

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on August 24, 2024, 08:41:50 AMHonestly, some men can be thick shits.  Jesus.

I love the 'I've got a problem and I'm seeking help' line.  Dude, you got horny and got caught out, own it.
But why has he lost his job? It seems the woman exchanged numbers with him and took part in the exchanges. Being horny, having an affair or cheating on your wife doesn't terminate your employment, does it?
There must be more

David L

Quote from: David L on August 24, 2024, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: captainkurtz on August 24, 2024, 08:41:50 AMHonestly, some men can be thick shits.  Jesus.

But why has he lost his job? It seems the woman exchanged numbers with him and took part in the exchanges. Being horny, having an affair or cheating on your wife doesn't terminate your employment, does it?
There must be more
Just read the latest on this and it appears that the BBC's hardline action may be because this involved 'junior' staff members. So there would be a 'power' dynamic involved, I guess. Perhaps it comes under the description of workplace 'bullying' or 'grooming' (see: Philip Schofield, Huw Edwards and Bill Clinton).
A bit odd though that they should give him the boot in such haste when you consider Schofield (ITV, of course) and Edwards. When compared to perpetrators with a perversion, looks like double standards being applied by media bosses 🤔
Fully expect the mental health card to be played forthwith.......oh, it already has been 🙂