What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 04, 2022, 08:47:08 PMI find this baffling more than annoying. Sir Lewis Hamilton's staunch support for the Stop the Oil movement.

"I love that people are fighting for the planet and we need more people like them", he says - despite the fact that a few of them attempted to disrupt his own sport at his home Grand Prix yesterday.

Sir Lewis is employed by Mercedes, a company that makes large profits by manufacturing and selling petrol-engined vehicles not renowned for their fuel economy.

He literally drives cars that consume three litres of fuel every four miles for a living.
Bell-end. Very rich bell-end but a bell-end nevertheless

Slim

Also travels to F1 races in his own jet. Astonishing lack of self-awareness.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

I suppose F1 has led to some major advancements in fuel economy that filters down into car production. However as most production is moving to electric it's a moot point.

David L

Quote from: Nick on July 05, 2022, 09:43:59 AMI suppose F1 has led to some major advancements in fuel economy that filters down into car production. However as most production is moving to electric it's a moot point.
Impossible to rationalise pronouncements from a bell-end  ;)

captainkurtz

My job.

It's ridiculous.  I really need to change things up a bit.

Matt2112

A work training module - inevitably - on "Diversity & Inclusion".

I gave it a chance, I really did. However, the more I dolefully clicked through it, the more it revealed itself as easily the most patronising, tone-deaf, counter-productive drivel I've ever encountered in my professional career.

It might as well have been called, "How To Practise The Bigotry Of Low Expectations While Undergoing It Yourself".

And the subtitle might as well have been: "Don't treat people of a certain demographic as a monolithic bloc - that's HR's job".

I abandoned it a few slides before the end during the "quiz" intending never to revisit it, and wondered if my reactions to it would fall under the scope of how "diverse" and "inclusive" the authors of the module really are.

I subsequently discovered that on completion of the module that feedback can be submitted.

They should be careful what they wish for.

Nickslikk2112

Just had an irruption of flying Ants and their worker cohorts in the kitchen. Should really have taken a picture, but I thought I'd better get rid of them before Mrs S came home.

So out came the dustpan and brush and a load of rapid sweeping up. Got rid of wads of the blighters and you could smell the Formic acid in the air!

Nick

Warning light came on in my Audi saying "brake servo restricted you may continue to drive but see workshop" and "auto stop/start not working see workshop". I phoned the Audi dealer and he said to fix it could cost between £500-£5000 (I nearly cried).

After a bit of Googling it looks like it is a common issue and invariably a sensor needs replacing. Had a word with my local garage who said they could fix it tomorrow for £80.

Maybe should be pleasure of the day, but how many people must get ripped off?

David L

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:17:18 PMWarning light came on in my Audi saying "brake servo restricted you may continue to drive but see workshop" and "auto stop/start not working see workshop". I phoned the Audi dealer and he said to fix it could cost between £500-£5000 (I nearly cried).

After a bit of Googling it looks like it is a common issue and invariably a sensor needs replacing. Had a word with my local garage who said they could fix it tomorrow for £80.

Maybe should be pleasure of the day, but how many people must get ripped off?
Germans...........bless'em

David L

So, I am going on strike on Friday 29th July and Monday 1st August. Personally, not happy about it but I will be supporting it. I didn't think it was necessary. Maybe I was wrong:

Rufus_the_dawg

So David does the L now means you are a Leftie? A corbynista even, going on strike. Was the tea not milky enough or was it the wrong type of sugar? What you wanted nice coffee instead of the instant shit, that is not a reason to go on strike David, remember  to wear suitable shoes when you go on a march! Take plenty of water.

If any of the post affected you phone 0800 999777564788112451212

Calls cost your standard rate and remember to ask the owner of the phone line for permission.

David L

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on July 19, 2022, 05:03:22 PMSo David does the L now means you are a Leftie? A corbynista even, going on strike. Was the tea not milky enough or was it the wrong type of sugar? What you wanted nice coffee instead of the instant shit, that is not a reason to go on strike David, remember  to wear suitable shoes when you go on a march! Take plenty of water.

If any of the post affected you phone 0800 999777564788112451212

Calls cost your standard rate and remember to ask the owner of the phone line for permission.
Stay out of the sun, Rufus

Rufus_the_dawg

too late david the suns very hot its meted my brain, i'm now a full on brexiteer, go Boris, Boris for leader, we love Boris, i can eat bendy bananas. What a man.

Maybe Boris should dress up and put a blond wig and skirt on and he could be Lizz Truss. Go Bolizz Trusston

David L

The BBC (again). How anyone has got away without being prosecuted over the reprehensible behaviour surrounding Martin Bashir's Diana interview is beyond me

Migrants allowed to vanish from 'secure' hotels. The home Office and Border Force are a national disgrace

Slim

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on July 19, 2022, 05:53:41 PMtoo late david the suns very hot its meted my brain, i'm now a full on brexiteer, go Boris, Boris for leader, we love Boris, i can eat bendy bananas. What a man.

Maybe Boris should dress up and put a blond wig and skirt on and he could be Lizz Truss. Go Bolizz Trusston

Two day suspension.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan