What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on April 08, 2024, 05:30:34 AMLeakage in the house has still not been solved. They tried nearly everything but follow my advice. Of course I am not an expert, I only live here and see where it comes from.
The whole block is now scaffolded, they will come today again.
So why am I grumpy then? Because yesterday, from out of nowhere, there was water ingress in the kitchen, the wall was wet and the paint is coming off. That's me on the phone again today to make sure this is added to my lists of defects.

Of course no one turned up yesterday, they are here now though. Not impressed so far with their work.

Oh, and the local postal services managed to loose a small package I returned with an SD card which had a defect. All they had to do was put it in a mailbox, sort of their core bsiness, and they failed. Poof, gone.

captainkurtz

Water getting in where it shouldn't is the single biggest problem for any landlord - hope you get your issue sorted..

Thenop

Quote from: captainkurtz on April 09, 2024, 10:58:31 AMWater getting in where it shouldn't is the single biggest problem for any landlord - hope you get your issue sorted..

It's been a year and a half, they had enough time. Problem is: each time they come round they make it worse and have than to go & repair their own mess without ever properly solving the issue.

Slim

Quote from: captainkurtz on April 09, 2024, 10:58:31 AMWater getting in where it shouldn't is the single biggest problem for any landlord - hope you get your issue sorted..

My kitchen in Dulwich had a flat roof and some time in January 2002, it started to let in rainwater. The owners - a very well organised company in Finchley who'd bought the place from the previous landlord, who was idle - were brilliant about it, they had the roof recovered in about a week.

But the next time it rained heavily, water came pouring through the roof exactly the same as before. The new roof covering didn't even seem to have slowed it down. So I phoned them up and told them .. they couldn't believe it.

I can't remember if they offered to send someone round to have a look. But I was moving out of there in a couple of weeks' time anyway, so I put a washing up bowl under it, shrugged my shoulders and ignored it. As I recall I didn't get any more rain so it was the next tenant's problem.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Flat roofs  - bloody nightmare. Avoid at all costs

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

Quote from: Slim on April 09, 2024, 12:03:13 PM

My kitchen in Dulwich had a flat roof and some time in January 2002, it started to let in rainwater. The owners - a very well organised company in Finchley who'd bought the place from the previous landlord, who was idle - were brilliant about it, they had the roof recovered in about a week.

But the next time it rained heavily, water came pouring through the roof exactly the same as before. The new roof covering didn't even seem to have slowed it down. So I phoned them up and told them .. they couldn't believe it.

I can't remember if they offered to send someone round to have a look. But I was moving out of there in a couple of weeks' time anyway, so I put a washing up bowl under it, shrugged my shoulders and ignored it. As I recall I didn't get any more rain so it was the next tenant's problem.
Getting trustworthy and competent contractors is almost as much of a nightmare as water getting in where it shouldn't...

The Picnic Wasp

My knee did the massive "clunk" thing again. Move very slightly in a certain direction when something on the right side of my right knee seems to dislocate and the whole joint ceases with a great deal of discomfort until it dramatically returns to its correct position. I'm guessing it's cartilage slipping in and out of place but it feels like the entire joint is distorting. X-ray only showed up expected wear and tear for my age. A small price perhaps for the memories of tying Davie Moyes in knots in my youth. Becoming a multimillionaire was his revenge.😂

Thenop

Coming back from doing groceries this morning I drove into the parking place and noticed something I had not seem driving out: one of our neighbours wheels had been stolen, the car was on bricks  :o She is 80 years ld and very dependant on her car so I helped her file the police report and she alerted the car services to pick it up.
We just went to check up on her and she is still shook up, poor thing. Nasty people doing this have no clue what they do someone else.

captainkurtz

The Picnic Wasp

Good for you, Nop. Pond life some folk. Hope the police find some CCTV footage and catch the scum.

Fishy

Managed to nick the cable in the hedge trimmer.. moulded plug and moulded at the trimmer end.. so binned and new one required..
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Booked train tickets to Newcastle a couple of days ago at a good price. Got an email today saying the train would not now stop at Chesterfield  >:(

Should be getting a refund, hopefully for the whole lot but as they were advanced singles might not get the return journey refunded.

pxr5

Useless weather forecasts. Today - 0% chance of rain so we decided to build our new shed. Half way through and torrential downpours on and off all afternoon. Fuckin' waste of time reporting weather in the UK. We started at 10am and only finished at 6pm.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."