What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 03, 2023, 03:31:25 AM
Quote from: Slim on June 01, 2023, 03:09:01 PM
Quote from: captainkurtz on May 27, 2023, 03:48:48 AMWaking up every night around 3.30am and not being able to sleep for around 90 mins..

Sorry to hear that. Do you drink tea or coffee late in the evening? Might be connected to that.

I have around 3 very strong coffees every day - but not after 3.  (Strong means a Kiev 3 heaped spoons of instant).

I always have a cup of tea about 30 mins before bed.  Can't help it.

I've come to realise that I do have a little bit of anxiety and, maybe, a tiny sliver of depression - especially in the June, July and August period, when work is very busy.  That probably doesn't help either.
I think you've identified your problem (3 heaped spoons!😲)

Slim

Five minutes ago I heard the unmsitakeable growl of an airborne vintage piston engine close by. Ran out of the house to see what it was, but missed it. Didn't see a thing.

Checked planefinder.net and it was this:

It had gone directly over our house, give or take 70 metres, at a height of 1500ft en route to East Midlands.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pdw1

Probably heading to Duxford later this afternoon.

Fishy

Holly Willoughby just fuck off will ya.. this whole This Morning thing is taking on a major humanitarian crisis feel.. should we be holding a week of mourning or something.. Jesus...
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

An injection for greedy, lazy people.

Fishy

Trombonist soldier tries to play on after fainting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65865904

Not sure whether to laugh at this or get a bit annoyed.. poor  bloke...

Thenop

Not enjoying the temperature. 30 plus degrees is too warm for me. Feels like staying hydrated is my main task.

Slim

Tuned in to 5 Live just in time to hear Djokovic winning another Grand Slam. Talented tennis player perhaps, but an utterly despicable person, and a fool.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 12, 2023, 09:21:12 AMTuned in to 5 Live just in time to hear Djokovic winning another Grand Slam. Talented tennis player perhaps, but an utterly despicable person, and a fool.
;D  ;D  ;D

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on June 11, 2023, 09:10:41 PMNot enjoying the temperature. 30 plus degrees is too warm for me. Feels like staying hydrated is my main task.

Stifling here today too, and too much for this Celtic skin. Staying in as much as possible.

Slim

Not too bad here. My man cave is on the ground floor and north-facing.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 12, 2023, 01:00:03 PM
Quote from: Thenop on June 11, 2023, 09:10:41 PMNot enjoying the temperature. 30 plus degrees is too warm for me. Feels like staying hydrated is my main task.

Stifling here today too, and too much for this Celtic skin. Staying in as much as possible.
I think going from 59 to 60 has switched off my heat tolerance :( Been completely drained since Saturday's bike ride, yet last year was OK on even the warmest days.

The Picnic Wasp

Attempted to buy a car in March. I spoke to the dealer late on a Friday afternoon and promised to call him first thing Saturday when I had sorted out an insurance quote. I called him just after 9am but he had just sold the car to a couple who had driven some distance to see it. Fair enough. First come first served. However, I bought an identical car the at the weekend, called the insurance company giving them my quotation reference which not unexpectedly had expired. New quotation is 27% more and the salesperson was not for budging. I phoned again to speak to someone else in a very friendly manner and was given a mild lecture on inflation, the price of parts, and the general poor state of the world. Their rep was polite, maybe a bit too polite in an almost smarmy way and finished the call wishing me a "have a great rest of your day". 27% increase in three months. Next year should be a laugh.

Fishy

Jack Grealish.. bit of a prick isn't he...

dom

Quote from: Fishy on June 13, 2023, 10:46:40 AMJack Grealish.. bit of a prick isn't he...
Very Jamie Tartt season 1 - he was much improved by S3, so hope for him yet!