What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

This is even talked about in Dutch media, making the headline news, really..
The one I heard doing rounds is that she was pregnant with Harry's child and was in hospital giving birth. I guess that's not true either then?

Thenop

Totalitarian leader locks himself in bunker. Now,let me think, where did I hear that before.. 🤔

EDIT: taken out quote, my comment however can stand on it's own.

Slim

Just a gentle reminder to please confine political comments to the Politics section - thanks!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Nearly got ran of the road this morning, while driving to work in my car, by a van carrying e-bikes. I am telling you: these things will be the death of me.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on March 12, 2024, 02:54:17 PMJust a gentle reminder to please confine political comments to the Politics section - thanks!

Should have used a fictional name to illustrate my current state of dismay with the world. Post deleted, but has been re quoted so unable to completely atone for the unwitting aberration.

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Rush Moving Pictures Belgian style beer available on pre-order. $79.99 for 6 bottles. They'll only ship to UK if order value is over $135 and that doesn't include VAT etc. A lot of dosh for a paper label.

Edit: Just noticed it's 14%, so more like buying six bottles of wine TBF.

Edit 2: Another ad states 11.5% so who knows.

Fishy

Top news story on 6 o'clock Beeb .. Kate spotted out in public.. so fucking what... and then some talk about it being  a body touble.. kin hell...
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

Quote from: Fishy on March 19, 2024, 06:47:36 PMTop news story on 6 o'clock Beeb .. Kate spotted out in public.. so fucking what... and then some talk about it being  a body touble.. kin hell...

Believe it nor not, it even made the Dutch evening news. No idea why.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Fishy on March 19, 2024, 06:47:36 PMTop news story on 6 o'clock Beeb .. Kate spotted out in public.. so fucking what... and then some talk about it being  a body touble.. kin hell...

Then the final story on the News was Gillian Anderson playing Emily Maitlis when she interviewed Sweaty Andy.

This isn't News FFS!!!!

Slim

Just had a call from Vision Express. They've broken my Oakley cycling frames.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Cellulitis of my right foot again.  Looks like a loaf of hovis.  Third bout since August 2022.

The Picnic Wasp

Beautiful day with with actual warmth from the sun. Would be perfect to sit in the garden for some quiet Easter contemplation, but no, the local Luddite pen pushers are out in force with their power washers and their incessant background drone. The favourite toy of those otherwise unable to even hammer in a nail.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 31, 2024, 01:03:51 PMBeautiful day with with actual warmth from the sun. Would be perfect to sit in the garden for some quiet Easter contemplation, but no, the local Luddite pen pushers are out in force with their power washers and their incessant background drone. The favourite toy of those otherwise unable to even hammer in a nail.

Sounds like a lovely day for drone clay pigeon shooting..

Thenop

Leakage in the house has still not been solved. They tried nearly everything but follow my advice. Of course I am not an expert, I only live here and see where it comes from.
The whole block is now scaffolded, they will come today again.
So why am I grumpy then? Because yesterday, from out of nowhere, there was water ingress in the kitchen, the wall was wet and the paint is coming off. That's me on the phone again today to make sure this is added to my lists of defects.