What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Soembody trying out a bit of fraud on my Debit Card. Got back from my bike ride to find an approval request for a payment to www.amazon.uk.co. Couldn't decline it as any time limit had run out, but it has appeared as a pending payment on my account.

Then it's a whole palaver to report it and get the card cancelled. Web forms; Automated phone calls; emails; more phone calls. Then when you get through to someone it sounds like they're at the bottom of the sea.  >:(

If NatWest had decent systems they'd realise it was a fraud, I've used my Debit Card to take out cash once in the last five years and to pay in a couple of cheques over £750

Thenop

I have no idea how how I did it but I pulled a bog scratch over de left glass of my reading glasses. Effectively decommissioning the thing.
The good news is that local eyewear store had time right away, so went and got my eyes measured. He then told me the had glasses in stock and would get on it right away so I can pick up a new pair this afternoon, and I could get a second pair for free.
So the day ends woth 2 pairs of new glasses.
Unfortunately it cost me money of course. Nothing in life is free I guess.

captainkurtz

Got a tuna melt from Starbucks...walked off and started eating it.  It's bloody ham.  Eeeuww.

Thenop

Again DHL did not deliver. I wasn't home, apparently.
Curious, I really thought my kitchen was in my house but I guess the DHL dude knows better.

David L

What passes for tea-time viewing these days. Hard drugs and prostitution (Home & Away). So far from the good old days of Crackerjack, Blue Peter and Michael Bentine's Potty Time.