What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

My parents were both heavy smokers and I worry that my then home life, public transport and working in a smoke filled office is bound to have had some effect on me.

I hate it when I detect that cigarette smell outdoors. Standing at the checkout of a Pets At Home store last night I should have been able to enjoy fresh air streaming in the wide open doors in an evening of beautiful weather. Instead, the place was contaminated by the smell of smoking. I couldn't quite believe it when I left the store that the guy was thirty or forty yards away lurking in a quiet corner. It travels so far and gets everywhere.

It really should be banned except in folks' own homes and every form of NHS help and treatment offered to addicts with the tobacco companies picking up the invoice.

David L

RFU/RFL picking up the tab for MND/dementia care?
McDonalds billed for obesity-related health issues?
Slippery slope

pxr5

As an ex-smoker myself I still love the smell of cigarette smoke (pipes and cigars even better). I could go back to it easily, but for obvious reasons I never will now. I still vape though.  8)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

Quote from: pxr5 on September 18, 2024, 09:22:43 PMAs an ex-smoker myself I still love the smell of cigarette smoke (pipes and cigars even better). I could go back to it easily, but for obvious reasons I never will now. I still vape though.  8)
Vaping - soon to be identified as a major health risk.........certainly one that needs to be taxed in order to mitigate its cost to the NHS
;)