What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

More prison sentences for JSO sociopaths, disappointingly lenient this time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgxqwwev50ko
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

I was WFH today but felt for my colleagues who'd made their way to the office, only to be told to go back home at lunch time because word had spread of an organised gathering of the sort of feral dimwits that have been causing all sorts of criminal damage at various places round the country.

It turned out to be fake news.  >:(

Matt2112

More a passing annoyance, but the phenomenon of social media users on holiday posting the phrase "Hot hot hot!" - as if the repetition is a good substitute for an adverb.

And anyway, it's the height of summer in the eastern Mediterranean - what did you expect? ::)

pxr5

Second time in a row when I've got my car back from a service at the dealers and getting a tyre pressure warning the next day. Took the car to a tyre place and they couldn't find any leak. Weird, so had to get a new tyre. I do wonder if these dealers cause problems on purpose to generate more cash - paranoid moi?

Thenop

Second time in 3 weeks DHL has made a parcel disappear. Customer service is piss poor, offering no help and 'solutions' beyond my reach because I am the recipient.

pxr5

Being forced to go to EE from BT for broadband/mobile. And neither my wife's or my phones are working properly yet and it will soon be a week since the switch.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: pxr5 on August 13, 2024, 09:50:13 AMBeing forced to go to EE from BT for broadband/mobile. And neither my wife's or my phones are working properly yet and it will soon be a week since the switch.

I've been with BT forever but don't have mobiles from them which sounds as if I'm fortunate, but despite the new router being installed and working ok, I keep getting texts and emails telling me I haven't finished setting it up. I've never seriously thought about switching but something about this EE thing doesn't sit right with me.

The Picnic Wasp

Yesterday actually, but probably today too after hours of frustration trying to get my Sonos speakers to speak to the new Sonos app and BT router. Got one Pay 1 working but not the pair. I think I might be getting somewhere with the Roam but I'm too frightened to tackle the Beam in case I mess up the TV. There's an apology from the Sonos CEO on their app due to problems with the new app, so it's not just me this time.

Nick

Sonos - can't get trueplay to work on the new app.

Fishy

Ryanair.. unfortunately used them for our Tenerife flights from
Prestwick what a shitty airline they are..  dirty plane. Hardly anything to eat or drink due to the outgoing flight consuming most of it ..flight  itself was on time but they  exaggerate actual flight times so they arrive early or on time.. fkn cunts.  Would happily pay more and fly from Glasgow but was out voted..
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 17, 2024, 12:08:15 PMYesterday actually, but probably today too after hours of frustration trying to get my Sonos speakers to speak to the new Sonos app and BT router. Got one Pay 1 working but not the pair. I think I might be getting somewhere with the Roam but I'm too frightened to tackle the Beam in case I mess up the TV. There's an apology from the Sonos CEO on their app due to problems with the new app, so it's not just me this time.

Day two of this shambolic state of affairs. Wall to wall complaints about the new app online. This is the sort of thing Trading Standards used to be useful for before the days of buying from international corporations. Think this might be going to landfill soon to be replaced by a good hifi plus vinyl. In the words of Sheldon Cooper. "I'm too old for this crud, Leonard".

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 17, 2024, 10:42:48 PMThink this might be going to landfill soon to be replaced by a good hifi plus vinyl.
;)

Nick

Quote from: David L on August 18, 2024, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 17, 2024, 10:42:48 PMThink this might be going to landfill soon to be replaced by a good hifi plus vinyl.
;)

I just can't imagine ever going back to vinyl. Like all oldies, the album covers(art)were great but to me the vinyl experience was superceded by the new cd technology and now streaming services. Turning over the record after 3 tracks, the dust collector, spray and plastic jackets good riddance. But you can tell me it sounded warmer.

David L

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 09:09:31 PM
Quote from: David L on August 18, 2024, 08:59:36 AM
;)

I just can't imagine ever going back to vinyl. Like all oldies, the album covers(art)were great but to me the vinyl experience was superceded by the new cd technology and now streaming services. Turning over the record after 3 tracks, the dust collector, spray and plastic jackets good riddance. But you can tell me it sounded warmer.
It's about the engineering.....and the inconvenience, of course!