What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 07, 2024, 09:48:14 PMBloody squirrel keeps coming and helping itself to the contents of our bird feeders >:( Was having to shoo it off every five minutes.

Had an idea, so I coated the pole on which the feeders hang in butter. It actually worked, kept seeing it trying to climb up and then sliding down :)

Bloody things back again, it's taking a four foot leap from the top of a hedge to land where the feeders hang from. Bastard.

I feel your pain..bought a baffle which helped and greased the pole which seemed to do the trick.. hadn't seen it for a few weeks and it re-appeared the other day....watched it this morning and it threw itself from the garden furniture on ur decking onto one of the feeders.. the garden furniture has now been moved away..
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Baby and aunt deaths driver jailed for 17 years https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cxe2j8x222go

Why are cunts like this prick just not banned outright for driving?

captainkurtz

Not grumpy..but....
I've found myself getting very emotionally charged when listening to some music...tears will often flow freely.  I'm usually on my own.  It's been a bit of a difficult year, in some respects and a lot of what I listen to really is a portal into previous times, some happy, some sad.  It's made me appreciate the importance of music and just how much it has meant to me since..gosh, 1977 or something.  I've spent much of this year feeling rather sad and anxious, unfortunately.

Never mind, things always work out.

Thenop

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 09, 2024, 06:48:50 PMNot grumpy..but....
I've found myself getting very emotionally charged when listening to some music...tears will often flow freely.  I'm usually on my own.  It's been a bit of a difficult year, in some respects and a lot of what I listen to really is a portal into previous times, some happy, some sad.  It's made me appreciate the importance of music and just how much it has meant to me since..gosh, 1977 or something.  I've spent much of this year feeling rather sad and anxious, unfortunately.

All will pass, and become something new. Life is just what it is. And yes, Music is always there, for me as well.
You will feel stronger because of it - keep using that portal.

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on July 09, 2024, 06:32:18 PMBaby and aunt deaths driver jailed for 17 years https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cxe2j8x222go

I read about this earlier and again on the news just now. The death penalty would be too kind for the twat. A decent sentence at least (and not get it cut short). A driving ban for 21.5 years too, which should start when he leaves prison. I'm not sure on this in general; whether a driving ban starts after release or when they start their sentence.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on July 09, 2024, 07:24:42 PM
Quote from: Fishy on July 09, 2024, 06:32:18 PMBaby and aunt deaths driver jailed for 17 years https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cxe2j8x222go

I read about this earlier and again on the news just now. The death penalty would be too kind for the twat. A decent sentence at least (and not get it cut short). A driving ban for 21.5 years too, which should start when he leaves prison. I'm not sure on this in general; whether a driving ban starts after release or when they start their sentence.
Driving bans are completely ineffective. I watch Traffic Cops/Police Interceptors/Motorway Cops and just about everybody they pull over is either a disqualified or unqualified driver.

The death penalty is too kind, these cunts should be staked out and have their arms and legs smashed with a sledgehammer, with no medical intervention afterwards. try driving now shitbag.

Anyhoo, I'm grumpy because Squirrel has disappeared from raiding our bird feeders and has been replaced by a fucking Rat. And no, it's not a Squirrel with tail alopecia.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 09, 2024, 06:48:50 PMNot grumpy..but....

I completely get this. I think from our generation's point of view we're fortunate to have been a part of such a profoundly creative age of music. I do find myself sometimes deliberately wallowing in some particularly emotive listening choice. I find it therapeutic as it unlocks stuff that might otherwise catch me out later. I seem to remember Robbie Coltrane's character Fitz describing the floods of tears stage of loss as being strangely delicious. On a couple of occasions in my life I have discussed SSRI medication with my GP. It probably serves some benefits in a lot of cases but my big fear about them was a numbing of emotions in general. I think that the highs and the lows of music are too important to risk losing, so I always made the decision to avoid those meds (so far). Anxiety is part of my makeup. I'm not entirely sure why, but music has certainly helped me greatly over the years. Wishing you all the best.

Nickslikk2112

Fucking cars have started driving round making illegal use of the horn, just because Ingerland have won a Soccerball game.  >:(

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 10, 2024, 09:59:42 PMFucking cars have started driving round making illegal use of the horn, just because Ingerland have won a Soccerball game.  >:(

Oh? Didn't hear anything last night?

Thenop

The wife got stung by an insect just under her eyebrow, her entire eyelid is swollen like a balloon and red. Ouch.

The Picnic Wasp

Received my new BT Wi-Fi router today due to the new digital service being rolled out. All went well except attempting to reconnect my Blink outdoor camera. The sync module, despite numerous attempts and two calls to the robot like support line refused to play ball. No matter what I tried it just wouldn't accept the new system password, even after deleting and trying to reinstall. Ended up for the sake of my mental health binning it and cancelling my monthly Amazon storage subscription. Infuriating but not entirely unexpected. Probably the worst part was the lack of dialogue during the human interaction with the call centre. Their rigid script structure response is mind numbingly frustrating. This is a difficult world for those not very computer literate.

pxr5

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 15, 2024, 02:47:52 PMReceived my new BT Wi-Fi router today due to the new digital service being rolled out. All went well except attempting to reconnect my Blink outdoor camera. The sync module, despite numerous attempts and two calls to the robot like support line refused to play ball. No matter what I tried it just wouldn't accept the new system password, even after deleting and trying to reinstall. Ended up for the sake of my mental health binning it and cancelling my monthly Amazon storage subscription. Infuriating but not entirely unexpected. Probably the worst part was the lack of dialogue during the human interaction with the call centre. Their rigid script structure response is mind numbingly frustrating. This is a difficult world for those not very computer literate.

I've got Blink /Sync module and have seen this mentioned before with BT/EE Routers. It seems to be one of three things:

1. Reset the Blink Module (10secs+ with a pin in the reset)
2. Split the 2.4ghz/5ghz or temporarily turn off 5ghz and try to connect again
3. Remove numbers and symbols from the wifi password

In fact it's all in here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Landline/Blink-sync-module-won-t-connect-to-new-EE-hub/td-p/1384150

I'm with BT but sacked off their router for a Zyxel model.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: pxr5 on July 15, 2024, 06:52:14 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 15, 2024, 02:47:52 PMReceived my new BT Wi-Fi router today due to the new digital service being rolled out. All went well except attempting to reconnect my Blink outdoor camera. The sync module, despite numerous attempts and two calls to the robot like support line refused to play ball. No matter what I tried it just wouldn't accept the new system password, even after deleting and trying to reinstall. Ended up for the sake of my mental health binning it and cancelling my monthly Amazon storage subscription. Infuriating but not entirely unexpected. Probably the worst part was the lack of dialogue during the human interaction with the call centre. Their rigid script structure response is mind numbingly frustrating. This is a difficult world for those not very computer literate.

I've got Blink /Sync module and have seen this mentioned before with BT/EE Routers. It seems to be one of three things:

1. Reset the Blink Module (10secs+ with a pin in the reset)
2. Split the 2.4ghz/5ghz or temporarily turn off 5ghz and try to connect again
3. Remove numbers and symbols from the wifi password

In fact it's all in here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Landline/Blink-sync-module-won-t-connect-to-new-EE-hub/td-p/1384150

I'm with BT but sacked off their router for a Zyxel model.

Thank you very much, there's some interesting stuff in the link. After I got over the tantrum which had fried my brain yesterday, I remembered we had another sync module from my sister's old place. I think Blink keep moving the goalposts though. You used to be able to just delete a device to employ it elsewhere but that didn't work. However, when I deleted her old system entirely it accepted my new router password and began to update the firmware. I then had to purchase a fresh Amazon subscription storage plan as I'd cancelled it in my frenzy of frustration. All seems fine now, although the camera seems to be picking up less now. Might be the duller weather today. My only worry now is that I can remember if I used a fresh password on my Blink account or went with my existing one. I wrote a new one down so better keep it just in case.

Fishy

Top news story on beeb 6.. Gareth fucking Southgate.. surely there is something just slightly more important going on in the world..

Thenop

Watched the news over here, today is exactly 10 years to the date that flight MH17 was shot out of the sky, 298 casualties (all the people on board), 196 of them were Dutch. The memorial service when the bodies returned home is something I will never forget, watched it on TV. As if a veil was over the country, and some of it is still there each year on this date. It left a deep scar. It's one of those things where everyone knows someone that knows someone that was involved. 

A sad day.