What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Bit of a bad morning so far. Went online to buy a ticket for the Steven Wilson tour next year. Managed to get my pre-sale password to work straight away and began to peruse availability. It suddenly dawned that I haven't been to a gig since before shielding with this wretched thing during lockdown. I was just about to confirm and buy my seat when all of these doubtful fears started to swirl around my mind. What if I have to tilt my head to cancel the double vision? What will people think? Will the lights be too much for my photophobia? What if it damages my hearing when I already have visual problems? What if I meet someone I haven't seen for ages and they notice my squint? Should I mention it first? Then I realised these were probably all excuses not to take the step. The realisation of this made me close down the site and think about where I go from here. I knew already that this condition had taken its toll on me, but I'm only now beginning to realise just how much it has stolen from me. All that said, there's still the general sale on Friday.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 25, 2024, 11:03:48 AMBit of a bad morning so far. Went online to buy a ticket for the Steven Wilson tour next year. Managed to get my pre-sale password to work straight away and began to peruse availability. It suddenly dawned that I haven't been to a gig since before shielding with this wretched thing during lockdown. I was just about to confirm and buy my seat when all of these doubtful fears started to swirl around my mind. What if I have to tilt my head to cancel the double vision? What will people think? Will the lights be too much for my photophobia? What if it damages my hearing when I already have visual problems? What if I meet someone I haven't seen for ages and they notice my squint? Should I mention it first? Then I realised these were probably all excuses not to take the step. The realisation of this made me close down the site and think about where I go from here. I knew already that this condition had taken its toll on me, but I'm only now beginning to realise just how much it has stolen from me. All that said, there's still the general sale on Friday.

Sorry to hear that. If it helps: I am 54 have no obvious physical ailments and am also doubting 9 out of 10 times to go to gigs. I usually end up buying tickets, and if I can't make it or don't want to, I sell them for a bit less. It's just delaying the decision really, but it helps me to take the step. And securing the tickets in the event I can / want to go of course.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on June 25, 2024, 11:15:24 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 25, 2024, 11:03:48 AMBit of a bad morning so far. Went online to buy a ticket for the Steven Wilson tour next year. Managed to get my pre-sale password to work straight away and began to peruse availability. It suddenly dawned that I haven't been to a gig since before shielding with this wretched thing during lockdown. I was just about to confirm and buy my seat when all of these doubtful fears started to swirl around my mind. What if I have to tilt my head to cancel the double vision? What will people think? Will the lights be too much for my photophobia? What if it damages my hearing when I already have visual problems? What if I meet someone I haven't seen for ages and they notice my squint? Should I mention it first? Then I realised these were probably all excuses not to take the step. The realisation of this made me close down the site and think about where I go from here. I knew already that this condition had taken its toll on me, but I'm only now beginning to realise just how much it has stolen from me. All that said, there's still the general sale on Friday.

Sorry to hear that. If it helps: I am 54 have no obvious physical ailments and am also doubting 9 out of 10 times to go to gigs. I usually end up buying tickets, and if I can't make it or don't want to, I sell them for a bit less. It's just delaying the decision really, but it helps me to take the step. And securing the tickets in the event I can / want to go of course.

Good advice, thank you. It's almost a year away in any case so just buy it.

captainkurtz

I don't know you but u was really sorry to read this.  I hope you buy a ticket and I hope you have the best time.  Everyone I know is going through something at the moment, life is really quite difficult at times.

Best wishes anyway, pal.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 25, 2024, 04:22:24 PM
I don't know you but u was really sorry to read this.  I hope you buy a ticket and I hope you have the best time.  Everyone I know is going through something at the moment, life is really quite difficult at times.

Best wishes anyway, pal.

That's very kind of you. Thank you.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: pxr5 on June 21, 2024, 06:09:12 PMI caught a cold 7 days ago. It's weird as every day is the same - I wake up shaking and hot/cold, like the feeling at the start of a cold. But I'm not moving to the sniffles/sore throat/sneezing phase. I got up a few days ago and bed was drenched in sweat. But I feel the same every day.

I think I must have picked up a similar virus. Felt a bit throaty before bedtime and woke feeling fluey / achey. No sign of sneezing, coughing or sniffles developing so hopefully just a couple of days thing. Man, I moan a lot these days!

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 26, 2024, 11:23:48 AM
Quote from: pxr5 on June 21, 2024, 06:09:12 PMI caught a cold 7 days ago. It's weird as every day is the same - I wake up shaking and hot/cold, like the feeling at the start of a cold. But I'm not moving to the sniffles/sore throat/sneezing phase. I got up a few days ago and bed was drenched in sweat. But I feel the same every day.

I think I must have picked up a similar virus. Felt a bit throaty before bedtime and woke feeling fluey / achey. No sign of sneezing, coughing or sniffles developing so hopefully just a couple of days thing. Man, I moan a lot these days!

Well, it turned out to be COVID. My first time. Maybe explains my state of mind this past few days.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 27, 2024, 03:03:52 PM

Well, it turned out to be COVID. My first time. Maybe explains my state of mind this past few days.

Hope it treats you kindly and clears up soon.

pxr5

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 27, 2024, 03:03:52 PM

Hope you feel better soon TPW. I'm still feeling a bit rough myself but better than last week. I have a horrible taste in my mouth all the time now, as has my wife, who I probably caught this off. I've not tested for Covid, I don't see the point but wouldn't be surprised if that's what I have.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Got back from cycling to find that Ingerland were just about out of the Euros, when they equalised >:(

Great, that'll keep the Pot-bellied, tattooed, replica shirt wearing, beer throwing, scabby-knuckled troglodytes singing shitty songs for a few more days.

Fishy

Watching Spain v Georgia and the fkn commentator starts talking about fucking engerland .. ffs give  it a rest will ya..
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

God why couldn't Slovakia have held on for just one more minute.....

From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 30, 2024, 09:45:27 PMGot back from cycling to find that Ingerland were just about out of the Euros, when they equalised >:(

Great, that'll keep the Pot-bellied, tattooed, replica shirt wearing, beer throwing, scabby-knuckled troglodytes singing shitty songs for a few more days.

This isn't even a joke, folks, it's accurate.

After the game I took my dog for a walk and, as usual on a Sunday evening, popped into my very nice, friendly local for a couple, with the added bonus I'd catch the second half of Spain vs Georgia.

It was still full of the folk Mr Sims describes above, those boorish "tea time heroes", pissed from the whiff of the barmaid's apron and who you'd never, ever see in the place on any other occasion. 😏

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 01, 2024, 12:42:12 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 30, 2024, 09:45:27 PMGot back from cycling to find that Ingerland were just about out of the Euros, when they equalised >:(

This isn't even a joke, folks, it's accurate.

After the game I took my dog for a walk and, as usual on a Sunday evening, popped into my very nice, friendly local for a couple, with the added bonus I'd catch the second half of Spain vs Georgia.

It was still full of the folk Mr Sims describes above, those boorish "tea time heroes", pissed from the whiff of the barmaid's apron and who you'd never, ever see in the place on any other occasion. 😏

This ridiculous ritual of tossing away a pint of beer when England scores boils my piss. I'd be furious to have to spend the next couple of hours covered in a sticky solution of Madri, Morretti or Cruz Campo gleefully launched by some pot-bellied, tatooed idiot that normally has zero interest in sport, which is why I choose to watch at home.
'Cost of living crisis' my arse

Nickslikk2112

Bloody squirrel keeps coming and helping itself to the contents of our bird feeders >:( Was having to shoo it off every five minutes.

Had an idea, so I coated the pole on which the feeders hang in butter. It actually worked, kept seeing it trying to climb up and then sliding down :)

Bloody things back again, it's taking a four foot leap from the top of a hedge to land where the feeders hang from. Bastard.