What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Day 12 of the new kitchen. We now have a working dishwasher, washing machine and fridge/freezer - yay. No tap, oven or hob yet and they will be another week as we wait for the quartz worktop to be made - boo. A lot of the electrics are not on yet, so the heating can't go on and it's cold, but there are some lights working. Oh yeah, the electrician zapped himself too and we have no signal on the TV we've had wall mounted. Another takeaway tonight then - Chinese this time.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Was this the idea of your missus? Just say NO!
Mrs S keeps banging on about a new kitchen, but we've only had this on in 27 years, plenty of life left in it yet!

Nick

We need one badly as well, just can't face it.

pxr5

The old kitchen was the original one in the house from 1993, so in real need of an update. I will never, ever go through this again and I'll be likely well dead by the time it needs doing again. Some good news though: the TV is working Ok (B&Q aerial point to blame there) and the oven is on. No hob or sink/taps yet though but all the electrics are in and tested. I feel the need for a good stew and veggies - seriously pi$$ed of with the MSG filled food we've been getting through lately.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

captainkurtz

We went without a kitchen for 7 months back in 2019...there was some heavy construction going on with the removal of a chimney breast, and 2 large rooms becoming one, underfloor heating, new electrics, plastering, 3 new windows, etc.  Lucky that we have a large hallway for the dining table and the use of mums kitchen up the road.

Will be worth it in the end..

Rufus_the_dawg

Putin - listening to radio 5 live this morning, its just plain awful.

What does bald man with a stupid walk, full of Botox want?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on February 26, 2022, 12:04:17 PMPutin - listening to radio 5 live this morning, its just plain awful.

Lasting infamy.

I was saying to Mrs S last night that I wondered if he were terminally ill and so wanted to make his mark for posterity. Searching the interwebz reveal lots of loons are thinking the same way...

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on February 26, 2022, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on February 26, 2022, 12:04:17 PMPutin - listening to radio 5 live this morning, its just plain awful.

Lasting infamy.

I was saying to Mrs S last night that I wondered if he were terminally ill and so wanted to make his mark for posterity. Searching the interwebz reveal lots of loons are thinking the same way...

Someone needs to shoot him (Putin) it would save an awful lot of lives.

About to be moderated?

David L

Nick

Sir Gavin Williamson ... unbelievable

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2022, 09:28:26 PMSir Gavin Williamson ... unbelievable
Come on, I'll see your Sir Gavin and raise Sir Anthony Charles Lynton Blair and a Lord Ahmed of Rotherham.

Slim

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2022, 09:28:26 PMSir Gavin Williamson ... unbelievable

I do understand the negative reaction to this. I think he knows where some of the skeletons are buried. he wouldn't be my first choice.

But for me, the institution that is the Knighthood was devalued for all time when Ed Davey got one. I could even defend Tony Blair getting one, even though I signed the petition to help send him a message. But not that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I bought a double humbucker Tele from Andertons. It had a minor fault. They offered to replace it, I accepted. They promised to have someone from their quality control team look it over before sending it out. Received it; one of the neck bolt screws is buggered and a string tree spacer is missing.

Refund this time. Shame because minus the faults it would suit me to a T.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Realising I hadn't hit record on my strava app .. 10 miles into a ride this afternoon... fkn idiot me...

From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

If you're really bothered there are apps out there that you can use to synthesize a track and upload it to Strava. Happy to help if you want to do that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan