Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Crikey! A sixth stage win for Pogi. He's a beast. He was really going for that, I'd have cruised round, that's why I'm not a winner.

Chapeau

Thenop

And now... who gets to be in the end GC and who hasn't made the cut...30% today,n not have the data present, hope they all made it.

Nickslikk2112

Been watching the Tour de Wallonie this week.

Won by Matteo Trentin - is it really nearly a year since I saw him climb off his bike at the World Championships? - who finished on the same time as Corbin Strong, but won on countback. If Corbin Strong hadn't been relegated in yesterday's sprint he'd have won it.

Last stage won by plucky young Brit Sam Watson, pity he comes from Dirty Leeds...

Nickslikk2112

Thank Heavens for rain in the rank third world hell-hole that is France, it got plucky Brit Anna Henderson a Silver instead of a more likely bronze :)

Nickslikk2112

Gold for Remco, Silver Ganna, Bronze WvA.

Plucky Brit Josh Tarling 4th. If only he'd not punctured could, could have been Gold. Dirty, cheating French roads...

Thenop

Just home in time to see Evenepoel win. Rain.. not nice for a TT

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 27, 2024, 05:26:06 PMJust home in time to see Evenepoel win. Rain.. not nice for a TT
Not nice, but so long as it's the same for everyone it evens out.

US Woman cyclist Taylor Knibb came off about three times, blood streaming from her left leg, she goes in the Triathlon on Wednesday, wouldn't want open wounds swimming in the Seine.

Nickslikk2112

Gutted for Puck Pieterse in the Women's Mountain Biking. Rear wheel puncture ruining her chances.
She'll bounce back though, she's happy and fun-filled so I don't have to be.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 28, 2024, 02:52:44 PMGutted for Puck Pieterse in the Women's Mountain Biking. Rear wheel puncture ruining her chances.

You'll be delighted to hear she'll be doing the Tour de France Femmes this year.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 29, 2024, 05:59:35 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 28, 2024, 02:52:44 PMGutted for Puck Pieterse in the Women's Mountain Biking. Rear wheel puncture ruining her chances.

You'll be delighted to hear she'll be doing the Tour de France Femmes this year.
Be interesting to see how she goes against Cyclocross compatriot Fem van Empel. Shirin van Anrooij and Blanka Vas from the CX world are down to start too.

Nickslikk2112

Well done to Magnus Cort - sans blue 'tache - for winning the Arctic Race of Norway. Spectacular scenery there and it didn't rain.

Sepp Kuss is leading the Vuelta a Burgos, but Discovery+ aren't showing it. Bad crash the other day which toom out plucky Brits Tao Geogehan Hart; James Shaw and Ben Tulett.

Thenop

Tour de Femmes just started in my hometown. They actually pass by the building where I work, but I am not in today. Ironically, it was difficult to get there due to.... Road closures for the Tour de Femmes  ;D

Thenop

Well done Charlotte Kool! First yellow jersey and tomorrow starting in the Netherlands again.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 12, 2024, 02:41:54 PMWell done Charlotte Kool! First yellow jersey and tomorrow starting in the Netherlands again.
All thanks to plucky Brit Pfeiffer Georgi  ;D  ;)

Both tomorrow's stages in the Netherlands, Wednesday starts in the Netherlands and finishes in Belgium and stage 5 starts in Belgium, so only 3 of 8 stages in France.

Thenop

Stage 2 for Kool and the short TT (stage 3) runs through the heart of Rotterdam, fantastic!