Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Well done Victor Campanaerts. He deserves a win, straight talking and very Belgian.

Now bring on tomorrow.

Thenop

Victory for Victor! Nice one, we'll played.

A 6th or 7th spot for Dutch debutant Bart Lemme, a superb performance for him. It's his first year on the ProTour at 28.

Nickslikk2112

Even though I'd watched it live, I watched the highlights on ITV4 last night as Mrs S hadn't seen the race.

The play out music was "Is Vic There" by Department S, in honour of Victor Campenaerts :)

Nickslikk2112

I think that's tour over now.

Whatever Visma/Lease=a=Bike's plan for the day was it failed. No stage win, no springboard for Vingegaard.

How long now before Pogi breaks Cav's stage win record?

Plucky Brit Simon Yates came in third and Carapaz takes POlka Dot.

Thenop

It's ridiculous how much better he is than the rest.
VLB went for a stage win, did everything right but Pogi was just stronger.

Game over.

dom

Apparently its the first time since 1984 that the yellow jersey wearer has won 3 stages while wearing it.

Laurent Fignon was the last to do it

Thenop

Quote from: dom on July 19, 2024, 07:38:22 PMApparently its the first time since 1984 that the yellow jersey wearer has won 3 stages while wearing it.

It's not been customary to want to win all stages. He doesn't care, and wants to win them all.

Nickslikk2112

Nice to see Pogi's girlfriend at the finish in her little denim shorts showing off the tanlines on her legs :)

dom

Quote from: Thenop on July 19, 2024, 08:41:35 PM
Quote from: dom on July 19, 2024, 07:38:22 PMApparently its the first time since 1984 that the yellow jersey wearer has won 3 stages while wearing it.

It's not been customary to want to win all stages. He doesn't care, and wants to win them all.

Exactly, generally there is a bit of cat and mouse, testing each other, keeping main competitors on a tight leash, keeping something in reserve.

Instead he knows he's stronger than anyone else and is not worrying about the competition, just riding his own race

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 19, 2024, 09:07:39 PMNice to see Pogi's girlfriend at the finish in her little denim shorts showing off the tanlines on her legs :)

She's been skipped for the Olympics even though she's the best they have. Pogi was not amused about that.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 20, 2024, 05:05:22 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 19, 2024, 09:07:39 PMNice to see Pogi's girlfriend at the finish in her little denim shorts showing off the tanlines on her legs :)

She's been skipped for the Olympics even though she's the best they have. Pogi was not amused about that.
Well, she'd got no chance of winning it, someone Dutch or Lotte Kopecky for that.

Whenever I see Urska in a race she's at the back of the peleton wiggling her bum at the camera :)

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 20, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
Quote from: Thenop on July 20, 2024, 05:05:22 AM

Well, she'd got no chance of winning it, someone Dutch or Lotte Kopecky for that.

Whenever I see Urska in a race she's at the back of the peleton wiggling her bum at the camera :)

Still it's silly not sending your national champion.

Thenop

And again.
Too bad Kelderman couldn't hold on. He rode a strong race today

Nickslikk2112

Five stage wins for Pogi. I don't think he wanted to look too good today.
Carapaz gets Polka Dot, first Ecuadorian ro do so.

Be funny seeing a non Champs Elysées finish tomorrow.

Nickslikk2112

That's Cav's tour done with. Lanterne Rouge too now - probably.

Just hope Remco or Pogi aren't so quick they put him OTL