Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

And yet it all came so close to splitting into echelons. Just not windy enough.

Nickslikk2112

I bet Ineos wish there was a Team Time Trial, five riders in the top 12 today, even with Sheffield crashing.

Glad Ganna got his win, G's back to second and Pogi's even further ahead. Bring on the mountains.

Thenop

Hooray Arensman, a fantastic result for my fellow countryman.
Ganna wasn't to bad either.

Nickslikk2112

Another 3 minutes for Pogi, he's almost there.

Thenop

Didn't get to see it, watched Feyenoords last game of the season. Manager is leaving for Liverpool, he received a grand farewell.

Nickslikk2112

Pogi didn't win today! Let Georg Steinhauser have it, but still put more time into his GC rivals.

At least G didn't lose more time to Martinez.

Thenop

Understood G wasn't too happy with Arensman yesterday, even though the team leads told him to go for it.
Anyway, good win for the 22 year old.

Nickslikk2112

Ah, a proper breakaway stage today. Don't like a French team winning, but as Andrea Vendrame is Italian I'll let him off - and he's won Tro Bro Leon in the past.

G had a stupid fall today, but his GC rivals waited for him. Unwritten rules of cycling and all that.

Thenop

Was a good win, he was clearly the strongest and he fought for it. Like seeing that.
Seems Alaphillippe is finaly letting the air out of tires.

Nickslikk2112

I think Pog's won it :)

Was a bit worried about G's third place at one point, but he knows how to pace himself, so should break his record for oldest podium place winner in the Giro.

Best bit was when Pog had a little kid in an Astana jacket running alongside him, there was a UAE soigneur at the side of the road and Pog took a bidon and gave it the kid. Wonder if it was a set up?

Thenop

Nah was genuine by the looks of it.
Anyway,a Pog victory, let's see if he takes the Tour as well.

Was an OK Giro albeit not really surprising.

Nickslikk2112

I know he didn't win, but that was some comeback by Jonathan Milan to get second behind Tim Merlier after getting a front wheel puncture. Chapeau.

Four weeks to the tour now :)

And WvA picked up third on the final stage of the Tour of Norway. If I'd broken Collarbone, Sternum and ribs I wouldn't even be riding again after 60 days!

Thenop

Giro done, roll on the Tour for Pogi part 2 then. Can't see anyone beating him to be honest, he is so far ahead on the rest.

dom

His competitors will be hoping that he put all he had into that outstanding result and that it will come back to bite him during Le Tour

Thenop

Quote from: dom on May 27, 2024, 03:09:39 PMHis competitors will be hoping that he put all he had into that outstanding result and that it will come back to bite him during Le Tour

He didn't, clearly. He had so much left and now another 4 weeks of preparation ahead.
I really think he is on another level currently and no comes even close.