Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Very bad play from the Dutch who should have won with 5 riders at the front 25km before the final. Vollering could have won this if she had taken off at the steep climb. Bad tactical decision.

Kopecky did what she had to do, basically hang on and then sprint in the final.

Nickslikk2112

At least Puck won the U23 race  :)

The U23 women get a separate race next year, to bring them in line with the men.

Thenop

Fantastic! What a race.
Pogi won, of course I'd almost say.
O'Connor 2nd and a very strong MvdP on the podium.

Really enjoyed this one.

Nickslikk2112

Another great race again today. Never thought Pogi would go from 100km out, I then thought he wouldn't make it. But wow, he did.

Never exoected Ben O'Connor would come second and shame on MvdP for denying Toms Skujins a deserved Bronze.

Nickslikk2112

And days after becoming a double Junior World Champion, Cat Ferguson wins the Binche-Chimay-Binche Femmes. Not bad for a lass who's technically still a club rider.

Alexander Kristoff won the opening stage of the Cro race and plucky Brit Max Poole has taken the lead in the Tour de Langkawi.

Yup, it's been raining all day, nothing better to do than watch cycling. I'll catch up on Binche-Chimay-Binche Mémorial Frank Vandenbroucke later.

Nickslikk2112

The Pog, the Poh, he's at it again!

First race in rainbow, first win ib rainbow, first Giro dell'Emilia.

Plucky Brit Tom Pidcock in second - will he really go to Q36.5?

Thenop

Marianne Vos, she remains absolute class. Beating Kopecky in a sprint, another title in the bag.

Nickslikk2112

They won't be happy in Belgium (are they ever?) qith MvdP wining the men's Gravel World Championships.

Plucky Brit Connor Swift came in 6th. No bronze this year.

At least Max Poole won the GC at the Tour de Langkawi.

Thenop

A nice fresh title for Mvdp, a rainbow jersey he didn't have yet.

And Laporte took Paris - Tours beating Vacek in the sprint.

Season's almost done for, we need Lombardia still happen though.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on October 06, 2024, 04:18:45 PMAnd Laporte took Paris - Tours beating Vacek in the sprint.
D :( ang, I've been spoiled

QuoteSeason's almost done for, we need Lombardia still happen though.
There's still the Gree-Tour of Guangxi too  :)

And it's time for Cyclocross  :D

Nickslikk2112

So, Lewis Askey came 12th in Paris-Tours the best placed plucky Brit.

Also the end of the road for Edvald Boassen Hagen and Michael Mørkøv. Happy retirement guys :)

Thenop

He really has an inhuman season, Pogi. Closing it out in style winning Lombardy.

Nickslikk2112

Missed it cos I was in London for David Gilmour.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on October 12, 2024, 11:39:51 PMMissed it cos I was in London for David Gilmour.

Yes but can ol' Dave cycle? Can he climb, do a TT?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on October 13, 2024, 05:56:40 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on October 12, 2024, 11:39:51 PMMissed it cos I was in London for David Gilmour.

Yes but can ol' Dave cycle? Can he climb, do a TT?
He played Comfortably Numb on a Unicycle...