Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 31, 2024, 04:05:55 PMSprinting in a mountainstage. Groves before WvA. Seems he is human after all.
It's all that going for KoM points!

Thenop

What has 2 wheels and goes like lightning.. It's Puck!
She is world champion mountain biking, well done!

Nickslikk2112

This Vuelta is bonkers. Break had gone on the first climb of the day, UAE had a rider in it, then Marc Soler attacks, Adam Yates ends up following and the main GC contenders end up near the front again.

well done Puck, must catch up with that later. Evie Richards won the short course, which was nice.

Thenop

What a stage  :o phenomenonal Castrillo wins his 2nd beating 2 big riders.
Roglic thought he'd fix it in the last 3km,nit the case. Still O'Connor in red!

Nickslikk2112

And Roglic has been penalised 20 seconds for drafting behind his team car. Thought he'd get fined or even a yellow card, but this makes things more interesting :)

Nickslikk2112

Not looking good for WvA bad crash on a descent clippig the guy in front who'd fallen. Maybe he should have concentrated on Green rather than Polka Dot as well. Hindsight is 20-20 and he might have wanted some climbing practice before the World Championshios.

Thenop

The World's might be in jeopardy, didn't look good. Wasn't a real contender anyway, neither is MvdP.

Nickslikk2112

Marc Soler you bastard. Denying plucky Brit Max Poole a potential stage win, looks down and out, then rockets off.

And O'Connor stays in Red. Six seconds slower and I think all four jerseys wouild have changed today.

Thenop

Finally Solar gets his win, deserved. He has been the one attacking nearly each stage. Well done.

Have to say I find Roglic becoming less convincing each day. He will win in the end but it's not going to be pretty.

Thenop

That was an intense last 70 km in the rain. Groves will win the sprints now that WvA is gone.
Campenaerts tried his hardest but couldn't take it. Better luck next time Victor!

Nickslikk2112

No WvA = Kaden Groves victory.

Was rooting for my man Victor, but not to be.

On the KOMs today it looked very much like the countryside in my part of the world - especially with the weather - and as I thought it the commentator said the same.

Nickslikk2112

Of course there's more than just the Vuelta going on, there's the Tour of Britain going on too :)
Had a 20 mile ride out to see it today - all ten seconds of riders passing by - and managed to extract a shot of Remco riding by. In the gloomy drizzle above Sheffield.

Nickslikk2112

Urko's Conquest!

This Vuelta is the gift that keeps giving, always the most unpredictable Grand Tour, but off the scale this year. Third stage win for Kern Pharma.

Roglic briefly in virtual Red and Mikel Landa shipping shedloads of time due to Carapaz's attack on the Cat 1 climb. T-Rex Quickstep then send Cattaneo back to help Landa with just 13km to go. Bonkers.

Thenop

Missed the final  :-* but great, another win for Urko. They prove to be an interesting outfit.

TT will put Roglic in Red but Bora cutting it short.. What if a mechanical defect occurs? Guess we'll find out.

dom

Not catching any of the race but following the rankings. Nice to see 2 French cyclists in the top 10 and both moving up a place at Landa's expense