Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Looks like WvA is coming into form. Getting better at the finish every day, can't get any further up though.

Thenop

Yep, he is back at it. Tomorrow is for the GC riders though, but he wore the Red with pride and won a great sprint today!

Nickslikk2112

I was hoping Victor Campenaerts would win with his late attack. He'll be a teammate of WvA next year.

I hope that at some point Thomas de Gendt goes out there and does some Thomas de Gendt things, it's his last GT, we want some pointless bravado attacking!

Nickslikk2112

Roglimation day!

That was a nasty climb at the end, I'd have turned round at the 5k to go mark.

Van Eetvelt raised his arm to celebrate,then slammed it down as Roglic came by him.

Thenop

Rogla time again he'll go in and win this unless he crashes and looses more teeth.

Thenop

Surprise win for Bitter, Groves just screwed up and WvA pushed his bike too soon. Weird.

Too bad Rui Costa crashed 8km before the finish and is now out.

Nickslikk2112

A close one, WvA did his bike throw twice. Perhaps was unsure where the finish line was.

And Rui Costa was taken out by his team mate Owain Doull. There'll be some breakaway riders pleased now that Rui Costa won't be a non working partner in the break.

Thenop

Intense stage with a great winner. Quite surprising Roglic allowed that much time to O'Connor... So the Ozman has some defending to do.

Nickslikk2112

Missed it today
Gone away for weekend and train delays meant I didn't get to Hotel on time to watch.

Thenop

Was a nice one to watch, lots of action not so much tactics.
But it remains cycling with a sprint at the end so WvA takes it thanks to Kuss.

Nickslikk2112

WvA again then. Missed again due to spending most of the day in Cathedrals and Churches.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 23, 2024, 05:47:48 PMWvA again then. Missed again due to spending most of the day in Cathedrals and Churches.
Careful you don't catch on fire

Thenop

Roglic again, O'Connor had a tough last climb, lost 45 secs in a couple of minutes. Only Mas could follow.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 23, 2024, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 23, 2024, 05:47:48 PMWvA again then. Missed again due to spending most of the day in Cathedrals and Churches.
Careful you don't catch on fire
Most had been turned into antique shops...

Thanks to various train related problems -  >:( - got home just too late to see today's Roglification.

Thenop

Almeida out due to Covid, he had a very rough day yesterday so whether it's Covid, the flu or just tired of the season: he's out.

Mas howeve, did make a strong impression yesterday.