Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

And Vollering wins the TT and takes Yellow, was hoping Kool could hold on as she has two plucky Brits on her side, plus SD-WORX win everything, nice to get other winners.

Thenop

Vollering takes the stage and the yellow jersey.
Was a great watch that, seeing them speed through our city.

Nickslikk2112

Well done Puck Pieterse!!!  :D

What a stage to win, I thought Vollering had been a complete bitch and pipped her at the post, but no.

Deserves it so much after the French punctured her out of the Mountain biking at the Olympics. Means Puck now has the Young rider's White Jersey and the Polka Dot jersey. I like Puck, she likes racing and having fun like Pogi.

Thenop

Didn't see anything today, will need to watch later. But good to hear she won, I like her as well.

Nickslikk2112

Another day, another Cyclocross winner, Blanka Vas, after it looked like Fem van Empel might have been trying to match her CX rival Puck.

Not that Blanka would have won without the crash that happened, looked like Pfeiffer Georgi lost it on a not very tight corner which then took out Demi Vollering and more. Vollering has now lost Yellow to Kasia Niewiadoma.

Been waiting to see if Pfeiffer Georgi finishes, but I doubt it, she wasn't looking in a good way.

*Update* Plucky Brit Pfeiffer Georgi is out :(

Thenop

Damn they finish too early, I am not seeing any of this.
Wfh tomorrow so the 2nd screen should help me then.

Nickslikk2112

Arse, a French Victory  :(

I was hoping Puck might do something like that, but now she's down in fourth and out of Polka-dot.

Thenop

Missed it again, did see Vos has the green jersey now.. Maybe I'll see a glimpse tomorrow..

Nickslikk2112

Belgian victory for Justine Ghekiere the QOM jersey wearer today, Vollering made up 4 bonus seconds on Kasia.

Puck dropped away towards the end, but is back up to second on GC.

Alpe d'Huez tomorrow and Puck has the best time up it out of all this year's TDF Femmes riders :)  Go Puck!

Nickslikk2112

And Brandon McNulty wins the opening TT in the Vuelta - In Lisbon.

Josh Tarling was favourite but could only finish sixth, he said he fekt like a Brick. WvA managed a creditable third.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 17, 2024, 08:44:58 PMAnd Brandon McNulty wins the opening TT in the Vuelta - In Lisbon.

Josh Tarling was favourite but could only finish sixth, he said he fekt like a Brick. WvA managed a creditable third.

WvA on pole position for the red tomorrow.

Nickslikk2112

Kasia wins it by four seconds! I've gone off her though, now I know her partner is Taylor "Rat Tash" Phinney.
Was rather hoping that Pauliena Rooijakkers would pull off a shock victory after Puck dropped out of contentio on the Col du Glandon.

Noticed that in next week's Tour de l'Avenir Femmes sans Zwift that Bodine Vollering is taking part.

Thenop

I feel for Demi, she has had a tough time. She'll leave SD Worx at the end of the season and she's had a lot of backlash from her own team even. 4 seconds is nothing and with that fall it feels like the luck of the draw.

Good to see Bodine starting to really complete as well :)

Thenop

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 18, 2024, 06:06:09 PM
Quote from: Thenop on August 17, 2024, 09:14:21 PMWvA on pole position for the red tomorrow.

Told ya.
We are not worthy ;)

Just caught up with the Vuelta, Kaden Groves back at the Vuelta and back winning stages.