Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on June 29, 2024, 01:12:25 PMOh my Cav.. Come on!
Not looking good, but at least some of the other sprinters have now dropped back to him.
Apparently the heat's go to him.

dom

Delighted for Bardet! Cav should be safe

Nickslikk2112

Arse! A Froggo in yellow  >:(

Old man Bardet managed to hold off the sprinting Peleton, didn't expect that at the start of the day.

Thenop

Congrats to debuting Dutchman Frank van de Broek that gave this one away to Bardet. He can now collect the white jersey, fantastic effort for a first ever etappe in the TdF.

Nickslikk2112

And WvA in 3rd, with Remco in 8th.

Plucky Brit Pidcock in 11th

Thenop

The French seem to win easier outside of France...
And a masterclass from Pogi and Vingegaard. So no big 4, just the big 2 again. Exciting to see Vingegaard back like this. Going to be an interesting 3 weeks!

Nickslikk2112

Arse! Another Froggo stage winner - and his Bianchi's not even a proper Celeste one!

Can't believe it from Lizard Lips Vingegaard, they must feed him herring that have been swimming in EPO!

Pogi in Yellow, Remco 2nd and Vingegaard 3rd overall. Looking forward to stage 4 now!

dom

Pity Bardet couldn't hold onto yellow but another "froggo" stage win provides some compensation

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 30, 2024, 04:27:27 PMArse! Another Froggo stage winner - and his Bianchi's not even a proper Celeste one!

Can't believe it from Lizard Lips Vingegaard, they must feed him herring that have been swimming in EPO!

Pogi in Yellow, Remco 2nd and Vingegaard 3rd overall. Looking forward to stage 4 now!
"Lizard Lips"  ;D

Nickslikk2112

Think today's going to be a dull day. Still, even flat Italy is looking good.

Thenop

Let's see if Cav can make it 35 today. Although I think it'll be a deception for him this Tour I do hope he manages.

Nickslikk2112

Well, that was messy! No win for Cav, but a win for Bini Girmay, first Eritrean TdF stage winner, let's hope he's learned how to open a bottle of Champagne...

Thenop

Was a good sprint, bit messy but that's supposed to be the first one. Good win for Girmay!

And Carapaz in Yellow.

Thenop

Pogi time again. Very good from Vingegaard to followe him, had to give in in the end but hey, the man was in a million pieces just 3 months ago..

Nickslikk2112

I'm shattered just watching that! UAE showing how strong they are when they use Adam Yates as a sacrificial rider.

Still can't believe Lizard Lips is so close after just six weeks of training. Bernal's still not Bernal after a couple of years, but he was more badly banged up than VIngegaard.

Can't believe how quickly Simon Yates dropped so early either. At least the French have disappeared now they're back on their own muckheap :)