Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Roglic time again, his Russian comrade helped him out in the end.
Evenepoel not at his best, let's see what tomorrow brings...

Nickslikk2112

Yes, just caught up with it, Roglic back to Roglimating.

Think yesterday's crash might have taken it out of a lot of people. Plucky young Brit Lukas Nerurkar had to quit - because of COVID.

Thenop

Rogla will take it, clearly. Evenepoel not recovered enough yet. Nice 2nd place for Jorgenson, his first year in VLM yellow. Not bad at all.

Nickslikk2112

Complete Roglification. Thought Soler might just stay out there.

Here in Blighty SD-Worx won the third stage of the Tour of Britain, but Lorena Wiebes today. Samoens 1600 can't compete with Warrington...

Nickslikk2112

Ruby Rosaman Gannon prevented an SD-Worx clean sweep in the women's tour of Britain, Christine Majerus celebrated before crossing the line. Kopecky was disgusted after setting it up for her, when will cyclists learn?

Thenop

Roglic winning the Roglic way: with a few seconds. Jorgenson looked so string in that last stint, unfortunate!

Nickslikk2112

Been a good Dauphiné, now I've caught up with it.

Only 94 finishers.

Nickslikk2112

Been watching the Tour de Suisse this week, been a UAE slugfest, Adam Yates and João Almeida battling it out between themselves. They'll be a huge support for Pogi in the TdF. Yates also won the KoM and points Jerseys.

Almeida failed to overtake a 31 second lead for Yates on today's mountain time trial. Close, but no Cigar. Yates did just about every climb in the big ring, I'd have been on my hands and knees!

Nickslikk2112

Bugger! Katie Archibald out of the Olympics after breaking her leg in a bizarre gardening accident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/articles/cj556zqy6n1o

She might be Scottish and a woman, but I like Katie, she's mad as a box of Frogs!

Thenop

Congrats to Chantal van de Broek-Blaak and Dylan Groenewegen for getting to wear the Dutch jersey for a year after winning the national championship.
Very enjoyable watch.

Nickslikk2112

Just caught up with the UK National Championships.

Ethan Hayter won the men's and Pfeiffer Georgi kept the women's.

I've heard Hayter is out of contract at the end of the year, trying for a new one with Ineos?

Watched the Men's Criterium championships too, won by Lewis Askey. The top three were all FDJ riders, how cycling has changed when so many Brits are ridinf for the most French of teams :)

Thenop

Sepp Kuss has not recovered properly from Covid and will not join the VLM Tour team. Ouch..

Thenop

Looking forward to the start of Le Tour today. 7 climbs, a very difficult first stage. So we get to see how well Vingegaard recovered, how Pogi is dong after the Giro, if Roglic is capable.

Bring it on!

Nickslikk2112

I know Pogi's just had COVID, but I hope they rip it up today and try and put everyone to the sword :) Pidcock could have a go for it today too.

Thenop