Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on May 27, 2024, 03:13:01 PM
Quote from: dom on May 27, 2024, 03:09:39 PMHis competitors will be hoping that he put all he had into that outstanding result and that it will come back to bite him during Le Tour

He didn't, clearly. He had so much left and now another 4 weeks of preparation ahead.
I really think he is on another level currently and no comes even close.
Yup. Her barely broke sweat. G thinks he's on an insane other level and at the Tour he's going to have his "A" team with him.

Bertie Contador says Pogi will win the Tour and then should consider giving the Vuelta a go.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 27, 2024, 03:20:43 PM
Quote from: Thenop on May 27, 2024, 03:13:01 PM
Quote from: dom on May 27, 2024, 03:09:39 PMHis competitors will be hoping that he put all he had into that outstanding result and that it will come back to bite him during Le Tour

He didn't, clearly. He had so much left and now another 4 weeks of preparation ahead.
I really think he is on another level currently and no comes even close.
Yup. Her barely broke sweat. G thinks he's on an insane other level and at the Tour he's going to have his "A" team with him.

Bertie Contador says Pogi will win the Tour and then should consider giving the Vuelta a go.

Vuelta is a bridge too far considering the Olympics, 4th of August . And then there's the worlds as well last week of September.

Mind you he's crazy enough to attempt it.

dom

"insane other level". That's beginning to sound like Armstrong levels of performance! Is anyone asking questions about this super human effort?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on May 27, 2024, 04:12:26 PM"insane other level". That's beginning to sound like Armstrong levels of performance! Is anyone asking questions about this super human effort?
Perhaps my memory/paraphrasing needs working on. G actually said "It's insane how talented he is"

In amongst here:

Quotehttps://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling/its-insane-how-talented-he-is-geraint-thomas-lauds-tadej-pogacar-as-the-best-hes-ever-raced-with

Personally I think Pogi's as on the level as a cyclist can be - except when going uphill.

Thenop

Le Dauphine has started with a magnificent win for Pedersen. Fantastic work by the team, good win.
Hoping we can see Kruiswijk do some good work this week.

Nickslikk2112

Just got round to watching it. Well done Mark Donovan for picking up the Maillot a Pois :)

Thenop

Misty Mountain finish. Well done to Mr. Moustache Cort Nielsen but I do feel for Armirail..

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on June 03, 2024, 04:04:01 PMbut I do feel for Armirail..
Don't. He's French  ;D

Roglic in second. Didn't Roglimate them.

Nickslikk2112

And the French were denied again  ;D

Well done Derek Gee after getting four second places in last year's Giro, a win in a big stage race.

Well done too to plucky young Brit Lukas Nerurkar, third today and up to 6th on GC :)

Thenop

Was an OK win, not much heroism today to be honest. I agree, it was time Gee won something though, the way he was heralded as the next great thing with a 5 year contract.

Nickslikk2112

Bum. Plucky young Brit Josh Tarling was knocked out of the Hot Seat by Little Bastard Belgian Remco.

Josh could have done with being further up the GC than he was, ran out of minute men to overtake well before the end...

And every stage winner so far has taken the Yellow Jersey.

Thenop

Not seen it but a bit predictable when it comes to the winner.

Thenop

Just read about the crash, did not see it. My heart bleeds, Kruiswijk was just back from a crash and now he's in hospital again. Van Baarle as well, and it looks like Evenepoel did not go unharmed as well.
No winner today.

Nickslikk2112

Just got round to watching this as I watched the Women's Tour of Britain earlier. Bad day, perhaps the local authorities in France should think twice before re-tarmacing their roads because a bike race is coming through.
 ra
Lottie Kopecky won in the Tour of Britain, thought Letizia Paternoster had won,but photo-finish said otherwise. Bit of a lacklustre field, for which Brexit has been blamed. The fact that the race had been cancelled and then resurrected at the last minute won't have anything to do with it.

Nickslikk2112

Lotte's Kopeckylating them in the Women's tour of Britain. Two stage wins out of two. Anna Hnderson ran her close though on her comeback from a second broken collarbone of the year.

Team Lifeplus Wahoo had all their bikes stolen - £70,000 worth - overnight. They ended up riding spare bikes from other teams. There are some toerags about.