What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Apparently some rare magazines I ordered from Canada (Calgary I think) on Monday night (this week) are being delivered today by DHL Express. If that is true that will be the quickest international delivery I will ever have had! Less than 48 hours.

And indeed - ordered 21:30 on June 24, arrived 15:30 on June 16. Colour me impressed.

Fishy

Intention to retire letter handed in this morning...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on July 03, 2024, 01:10:29 PMIntention to retire letter handed in this morning...
Boom - get in. Join the club. How long will it be now?
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Quote from: pxr5 on July 03, 2024, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: Fishy on July 03, 2024, 01:10:29 PMIntention to retire letter handed in this morning...
Boom - get in. Join the club. How long will it be now?

March31 2025 officially but if I can hang onto enough holidays I'll be away by end of February
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Consultant cardiologist's letter arrived today confirming my biennial (previous post stating "bi-annual" duly amended) check up results from the other week were all good.

The next biennial check should see me finally discharged as an outpatient. :)

Thenop

What aren't you telling us Mr. Picnic?

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on July 03, 2024, 08:56:36 PMWhat aren't you telling us Mr. Picnic?

I wonder if it works for COVID. Not sure if Tesco would deliver the Charlie though.😂

The Picnic Wasp

Two negative tests this morning.😁 Halfway through the timer for the second, Jo Swinson appeared on the doorstep with a very tiny baby strapped to her front. As I explained my situation to her through the front-door glass, she was heckled very noisily by two large dogs and a Macaw. She took it very graciously. Probably only the SNP or Lib Dems can win here so it's a fight to the finish. Only 149 votes in it last time.

Slim

I thought that my colleagues at my last place of work hadn't bothered with a leaving gift or card, and actually I was OK with that. I hadn't seen any of them in person for 18 months and just wanted a low key exit. But I came home from a bike ride this afternoon to find a Fortnum and Mason hamper full of very nice stuff, and a bottle of Japanese whisky! Really touched.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Waking up feeling good this morning off the back of 10 hours sleep, which was very much needed after very much less than that during the GE results!

pxr5

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0471dk9x3mo

Scroll down to the family photo. The lady on the right is the daughter.  :o

pxr5

Spotted this in a Blackpool car park yesterday. Didn't see Mad Max anywhere:

Slim

Quote from: pxr5 on July 10, 2024, 09:35:13 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0471dk9x3mo

She was born when her mum, now 87, was 17 so as odd as it seems, Dame Shirley's daughter is an old woman now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 11, 2024, 02:47:46 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on July 10, 2024, 09:35:13 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0471dk9x3mo

She was born when her mum, now 87, was 17 so as odd as it seems, Dame Shirley's daughter is an old woman now.
'Back of the bike shed' baby

Matt2112

Went to see Tom Jones tonight, mainly because of curiosity, the venue being 8 minutes bus ride away and it was a Friday.

He and his band were superb.

And, just saying, he is 3 years older than Joe Biden. 🤷🏻�♂️