What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

"The hypocrisy of the BBC's misinformation war - Marianna Spring is as dogmatic as her trolls"

Criminologist, senior lecturer and writer Simon Cottee - whose astute, insightful articles I've always found well worth reading - is on top form here.

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 07, 2024, 02:59:09 PM"The hypocrisy of the BBC's misinformation war - Marianna Spring is as dogmatic as her trolls"

Criminologist, senior lecturer and writer Simon Cottee - whose astute, insightful articles I've always found well worth reading - is on top form here.
Very good. She's just another foot soldier for those that wish to eradicate freedom of thought....IMHO  ;)

pxr5

I won an auction for a mini LP from ebay. The seller had another LP for sale which nobody had bid on, so he added it to my delivery. What a nice guy. The added LP was Magnum II - in pristine condition.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Stepfather out of the hospital, able to sleep at home (he couldn't while there) and eating normal food. I was there when they brought his diner. I would swallow it in one bite, next to nothing.
Anyway, they didn't do the angio, it was thought not needed. It was probably caused by a blood clot so he has more medication now (he had this before in his brain with no real lasting effect some 15 years ago).

Things have returned to normal, and I am knackered.

R6GYY

Spending less than £20 (including postage) on one of these to fettle my printer (Epson XP55):

https://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Compatible-XP2-Printer-Pad-%252b-Reset-Key.html

Fairly easy to do, and I've had a kit from them before to replace the waste ink pads on an Epson XP-760 so I knew they worked.

The alternatives were a new printer (£120), or getting the waste ink pads replaced by Epson. Which at a guess, would cost more than a new printer.

As far as I am aware, there are no inkjet printer manufacturers who warn you that the printer has a waste tank that will fill up and need to be replaced - although, to be fair, that waste ink has to go somewhere!

Meh.

Slim

An eye test. I was told I could continue to use the intermediate / computer monitor glasses prescription I was prescribed two years ago, but admonished for using the same varifocal prescription since 2018. So I've ordered some new ones.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

My £800 investment in Bitcoin is presently worth £6173.

I don't know whether to take it out, wait for another slump and buy it back cheaper or just leave it for a bit .. so hard to know what to do.

My fear (of course) if I take it out is that it will skyrocket and I'll miss out on a comfortable retirement fund.

Oh make that £6185 .. at the moment I'm earning about £8 a minute.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on March 12, 2024, 04:45:34 PMMy £800 investment in Bitcoin is presently worth £6173.

I don't know whether to take it out, wait for another slump and buy it back cheaper or just leave it for a bit .. so hard to know what to do.

My fear (of course) if I take it out is that it will skyrocket and I'll miss out on a comfortable retirement fund.

Oh make that £6185 .. at the moment I'm earning about £8 a minute.

Between crypto and stock I have no clue what to do. One thing is for sure: the interest rate in the bank is zero currently, so anything is better.
Think I'll wait for my bonus in April and sink in 500 EUR or so in one of them. Just to see what happens.

The Picnic Wasp

Nipped into Tesco to buy fruit for my morning porridge and cereal. When queuing at checkout with my basket of bananas, blueberries and grapes, I noticed my dentist and her daughter were the customers immediately in front of me. Her basket had three bags of Haribo, assorted long Refresher chews and a large bar of Galaxy. I resisted the temptation.😁

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 23, 2024, 03:23:19 PMNipped into Tesco to buy fruit for my morning porridge and cereal. When queuing at checkout with my basket of bananas, blueberries and grapes, I noticed my dentist and her daughter were the customers immediately in front of me. Her basket had three bags of Haribo, assorted long Refresher chews and a large bar of Galaxy. I resisted the temptation.😁

Do as I say, not as I do

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on March 23, 2024, 04:29:48 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 23, 2024, 03:23:19 PMNipped into Tesco to buy fruit for my morning porridge and cereal. When queuing at checkout with my basket of bananas, blueberries and grapes, I noticed my dentist and her daughter were the customers immediately in front of me. Her basket had three bags of Haribo, assorted long Refresher chews and a large bar of Galaxy. I resisted the temptation.😁

Do as I say, not as I do
Are you my dad?

pxr5

Beneath our gazebo in our back garden we have 2 plastic plant-like balls hanging from hooks in the roof. My wife first spotted a tiny little brown bird flying in and out of a small opening on one side. We've started to monitor the ornament and now see the little bird carrying bits and pieces they've collected and with them building a nest inside. It's now completely filled with leaves and moss and I assume it would be a perfect sheltered nest for birds. We mulled about moving it as it's right over our garden furniture but decided to leave it and see if any baby birds start to make an appearance. We're not sure what the bird is, but it's very sparrow-like but thinner and smaller - research has proved fruitless so we've gone with a sparrow. Ain't nature great.

Fishy

Off to a hotel in Hexham for a couple of nights for some dark skies star gazing hopefully..
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: pxr5 on March 25, 2024, 02:07:31 PMBeneath our gazebo in our back garden we have 2 plastic plant-like balls hanging from hooks in the roof. My wife first spotted a tiny little brown bird flying in and out of a small opening on one side. We've started to monitor the ornament and now see the little bird carrying bits and pieces they've collected and with them building a nest inside. It's now completely filled with leaves and moss and I assume it would be a perfect sheltered nest for birds. We mulled about moving it as it's right over our garden furniture but decided to leave it and see if any baby birds start to make an appearance. We're not sure what the bird is, but it's very sparrow-like but thinner and smaller - research has proved fruitless so we've gone with a sparrow. Ain't nature great.

Maybe a wren?

pxr5

^ A wren, maybe. We looked online but nothing seems to fit exactly.