What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Fishy on December 07, 2023, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: Fishy on November 23, 2023, 11:18:46 AM28 days to the shortest day...

2 weeks now.. was just checking sunset on dec 18th is 3.47 pm on the 19th it's 3.49 pm.. even better news

Thank goodness. Especially with the clouds at head height today. Lights have been on in the house since just after 2pm and the dogs are stir crazy.

Thenop

301 in 8 darts (double in) just now having stretch away from the work computer. Nice.

David L

Quote from: Thenop on December 08, 2023, 01:27:41 PM301 in 8 darts (double in) just now having stretch away from the work computer. Nice.
Barney 😄

Thenop

Quote from: David L on December 08, 2023, 02:11:04 PM
Quote from: Thenop on December 08, 2023, 01:27:41 PM301 in 8 darts (double in) just now having stretch away from the work computer. Nice.
Barney 😄
Even though he fell from grace a long time ago, I still like him. At least he is human, mistakes and all.

Matt2112

In my workplace today The Spirit Of Radio was played on Absolute Radio's main station; my generally younger colleagues of course didn't have a clue who it was - but I soon fixed that. ::)

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 08, 2023, 07:12:24 PMIn my workplace today The Spirit Of Radio was played on Absolute Radio's main station; my generally younger colleagues of course didn't have a clue who it was - but I soon fixed that. ::)
The poor buggers

pdw1

Large parcel from Burning Shed arrived at work

David L

Nigel Farage is still in the jungle going into the last two days.
I find this a little amusing bearing in mind GB News has been running a campaign for their viewers to vote for him and early in the programme, Ant and Dec were making smug jokes about GB News only having a couple of viewers.
He's done his image no harm at all and has possibly changed peoples' perception of him. I think he might be playing a significant role in the outcome of the next election.

Slim

The sun set 15 seconds ago here in NW Leics. It will not set this early again for another year.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Starting to feel a bit better - still very tired. Unfortunely the wife now has it as well :-\

David L

Quote from: Thenop on December 15, 2023, 06:01:39 AMStarting to feel a bit better - still very tired. Unfortunely the wife now has it as well :-\
Still feeling the effects here. Feels like my head is full of cotton wool. Everyday a slight improvement but slow-going.

Matt2112

From yesterday, which happened to be my birthday: I got a WhatsApp message from my eldest brother who is working in London; the caption was, "Stewart says happy birthday" under a genuine photo of him stood with Stewart Lee, who was giving a thumb up.

Gob-smacked!!

Thenop

Quote from: David L on December 15, 2023, 08:20:36 AM
Quote from: Thenop on December 15, 2023, 06:01:39 AMStarting to feel a bit better - still very tired. Unfortunely the wife now has it as well :-\
Still feeling the effects here. Feels like my head is full of cotton wool. Everyday a slight improvement but slow-going.

That's a very good description indeed, applies to me as well.

Fishy

BBC question of sport has ceased production.. it's been shit since David Vine presented it anyway..
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on December 15, 2023, 10:21:07 PMBBC question of sport has ceased production.. it's been shit since David Vine presented it anyway..
It used to have 20 Million+ viewers. This current incarnation has less than a million. Now they just need to get rid of Lineker.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."