What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 01, 2023, 03:38:32 PMNo strike action at the little 'un's school today.  Fortunately.
Scab Primary?
;D  ;)

Nickslikk2112

Yesterday was made by a fantastic gig by the Von Hertzen Brothers and catching up with Ali sometime denizen of these parts.

Matt2112

Once in a while, in the dumping ground of discourse that is Twatter (sic), you happen upon a diamond account amongst the rust - there's an "anti-fatphobic" (parody) account by "Dr Anita B. Etin" with clinically brilliant and genuinely hilarious tweets that are all the more funny when they get bites from the knee-jerking righteously indignant.

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Beautiful day today sunset time now past 5pm .. 5.02.. we're on the up and up now👍
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

The weather was good today, so it was my first opportunity to get out on my new bike. I picked it up last week but it has been rain and wind ever since. Bright and still today but very cold. I'm going to keep to cycle paths and back roads until I sharpen up my traffic awareness. Decided on an eBike to save my weary, ageing body from too much abuse, hence this isn't posted in the Cycling thread. Glad I made that choice though as I'm really impressed with how well it performs.

Fishy

Got the fire pit going ,, beautiful red sky sunset ..popped a bottle of red wine... bliss ..also some nice bright planets in the south west sky... Venus is one I think....makes you feel good to be alive with moments like these...
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Anyone want to see a jacket potato singing and playing guitar to 'Go Your Own Way'...

Apparently its Richie Sambora

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on February 05, 2023, 06:09:54 PMThe weather was good today, so it was my first opportunity to get out on my new bike. I picked it up last week but it has been rain and wind ever since. Bright and still today but very cold. I'm going to keep to cycle paths and back roads until I sharpen up my traffic awareness. Decided on an eBike to save my weary, ageing body from too much abuse, hence this isn't posted in the Cycling thread. Glad I made that choice though as I'm really impressed with how well it performs.

Please do feel free to post in the cycling thread. It's all good! And although an e-bike wouldn't be my own choice I'm quite interested in them.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on February 05, 2023, 06:09:54 PMDecided on an eBike to save my weary, ageing body from too much abuse, hence this isn't posted in the Cycling thread.
Quite right not to! 'Cos you'd get some mental abuse to go with your physical abuse from me :-X

e-bikes? BLOODY MOPEDS!! I hate 'em, especially when I try to catch them up going uphill  >:(

Although I hope this is still in production when I hit 70...

https://www.bianchi.com/store/int_EN/ysbn9-ariae-road-ultegradi2-8.html

Matt2112

From yesterday: performed a short solo acoustic set opening for an excellent local covers band - which included One Week, and to my own amazement I completely nailed it and got a few "WTF?!" looks in my direction. :)

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on February 05, 2023, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on February 05, 2023, 06:09:54 PMDecided on an eBike to save my weary, ageing body from too much abuse, hence this isn't posted in the Cycling thread.
Quite right not to! 'Cos you'd get some mental abuse to go with your physical abuse from me :-X

e-bikes? BLOODY MOPEDS!! I hate 'em, especially when I try to catch them up going uphill  >:(

Although I hope this is still in production when I hit 70...

https://www.bianchi.com/store/int_EN/ysbn9-ariae-road-ultegradi2-8.html

Oh yes, I like that (the bike - not the sherricking)! Mine is more Tesco run than TdF though. All panniers and Bosch power for the hills where I live, to save me lugging "the messages" home until I get back to driving regularly again. It's a Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625. Very happy with it.

The Picnic Wasp

TBH this makes every morning for me. My sister's dog is staying with me just now and is an actual plane spotter. He lies in his bed nearly all morning until he hears the Emirates 777 in the distance, and bolts to the back door demanding to get out. He then chases it to the back fence barking and howling like a banshee, trots back in and goes back to bed. It's just Boeing 777s he seems to hate (or love, who knows)?

Slim

The sun set just after 5pm today, in NW Leics.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan