What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: Fishy on September 28, 2024, 09:13:07 AMI watched it for  the first time last year on the telly.. great film..

I also watched it for the first time last year, lovely old film. Don't think I did review it, or at least type a few modest impressions. Actually having done a search I don't think I even mentioned it, surprisingly.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Hopefully the last grass cut for this year.. just before it started to pour..
From The Land of Honest Men

Nick

Quote from: Fishy on September 28, 2024, 02:20:48 PMHopefully the last grass cut for this year.. just before it started to pour..

Did the same, off to buy a new strimmer now, hopefully pick up something cheaper than in the spring.

pxr5

You all may recall my son's engagement that I posted about a short time ago. Well, they went to a wedding fair at a lovely place near us called Samlesbury Hall and entered a competition there; and today found out that they'd won it - the whole venue for the day all in. The only stipulation is it has to be Jan-Mar next year so they've sort of had theirs hands forced and have now arranged the wedding for Saturday 29th March 2025. It's saved them a lot of money but still loads more to consider of course.:)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on September 28, 2024, 11:54:36 AM
Quote from: Fishy on September 28, 2024, 09:13:07 AMI watched it for  the first time last year on the telly.. great film..

I also watched it for the first time last year, lovely old film. Don't think I did review it, or at least type a few modest impressions. Actually having done a search I don't think I even mentioned it, surprisingly.

This is niggling at me now. I remember some online dialogue about this film and assumed it was here. Maybe time is playing tricks and it was TNMS. There was a short chat about the colourisation of the DVD version. A puzzle.

Fishy

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on September 28, 2024, 09:13:21 PM

This is niggling at me now. I remember some online dialogue about this film and assumed it was here. Maybe time is playing tricks and it was TNMS. There was a short chat about the colourisation of the DVD version. A puzzle.

Check posts  in what's in your dvd thread 24th dec last year..puzzle solved
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Fishy on September 28, 2024, 10:10:20 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on September 28, 2024, 09:13:21 PM

Check posts  in what's in your dvd thread 24th dec last year..puzzle solved

Nice one, thanks.