What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Out in my garden picking plums this afternoon listening to some very nice blues guitar from my neighbours a few doors down garden party. Hopefully there will be a 2nd set a bit later (but not too late)

Thenop

Yearly utility bill, I pay a fixed fee per month and never really bother to check. Turns out I overpaid quite a bit, getting a 1200+ EUR return at the end of this month.

Slim

Was going through old photos (I have hundreds, I could make it a full time job to sort them out) and found some prints that I took in Greece in 1973, probably with a Kodak Instamatic. One particular image piqued my interest.

Had no idea where the location was but Google helped me to determine that it was the Temple of Apollo at Corinth. I was going to scan it but this pic I found online was taken from the same spot, and the scene hasn't changed much in the last 51 years.

I was on a Mediterannean cruise organised by the school. It cost my parents £80.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Five Just Stop Oil fanatics jailed for between four and five years. Even better, Chris Packham is crying his eyes out about it. Why must our state broadcaster indulge this extremist sympathiser berk?

Packham's autism is never quite so obvious as when he shares his complete disregard for the welfare of ordinary people just trying to get on with their lives.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on July 18, 2024, 10:59:26 PMFive Just Stop Oil fanatics jailed for between four and five years. Even better, Chris Packham is crying his eyes out about it. Why must our state broadcaster indulge this extremist sympathiser berk?

Packham's autism is never quite so obvious as when he shares his complete disregard for the welfare of ordinary people just trying to get on with their lives.

I am so deeply saddened by this post and the fact it is liked by someone who obviously cares for wildlife, that I fear I must also be on the so-called spectrum. Actually fear is the wrong word.

Fishy

Glad I'm not the on call guy getting the call that IT world wide is down..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 19, 2024, 10:17:59 AM
Quote from: Slim on July 18, 2024, 10:59:26 PMFive Just Stop Oil fanatics jailed for between four and five years. Even better, Chris Packham is crying his eyes out about it. Why must our state broadcaster indulge this extremist sympathiser berk?

I am so deeply saddened by this post and the fact it is liked by someone who obviously cares for wildlife, that I fear I must also be on the so-called spectrum. Actually fear is the wrong word.

Closing motorways down to aggravate randomly selected members of the general public does nothing whatever for wildlife. It has nothing to do with it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on July 19, 2024, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 19, 2024, 10:17:59 AM

Closing motorways down to aggravate randomly selected members of the general public does nothing whatever for wildlife. It has nothing to do with it.

If ever two nothings meant something then I've just witnessed it.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 19, 2024, 10:30:36 AMIf ever two nothings meant something then I've just witnessed it.

In all honesty I don't think anyone's opinion on wildlife has anything to do with it, in any case.  Chris Packham hasn't made a positive contribution to the welfare or preservation of wildlife; all he's done is to associate that cause with extremism and criminality.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on July 19, 2024, 12:28:45 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 19, 2024, 10:30:36 AMIf ever two nothings meant something then I've just witnessed it.

In all honesty I don't think anyone's opinion on wildlife has anything to do with it, in any case.  Chris Packham hasn't made a positive contribution to the welfare or preservation of wildlife; all he's done is to associate that cause with extremism and criminality.

Yeah, Chris and Sir Brian currently putting together a terror cell of foxes, hedgehogs and badgers. You'd better sleep with one eye open.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on July 18, 2024, 10:59:26 PMPackham's autism is never quite so obvious as when he shares his complete disregard for the welfare of ordinary people just trying to get on with their lives.
Fuck him and his supposed autism. If he were really autistic he wouldn't be presenting TV programmes and eulogising criminals. He'd be down in his mother's basement counting his stick insects over and over.

FWIW I enjoy Springwatch and think we should be cutting back on CO2 emissions, but you'll never achieve your aims by wantonly pissing people off. Mind, you'll never be able to educate people either because 99.99% of the population is thick as pig shit.

The blessed Margaret was a proponent of tackling climate change - until it was hijacked by the dreadlocked, tree dwelling, unwashed, vegan, anti-capitalist rabble.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 19, 2024, 09:22:06 PM
Quote from: Slim on July 18, 2024, 10:59:26 PMPackham's autism is never quite so obvious as when he shares his complete disregard for the welfare of ordinary people just trying to get on with their lives.
Fuck him and his supposed autism. If he were really autistic he wouldn't be presenting TV programmes and eulogising criminals. He'd be down in his mother's basement counting his stick insects over and over.

FWIW I enjoy Springwatch and think we should be cutting back on CO2 emissions, but you'll never achieve your aims by wantonly pissing people off. Mind, you'll never be able to educate people either because 99.99% of the population is thick as pig shit.

The blessed Margaret was a proponent of tackling climate change - until it was hijacked by the dreadlocked, tree dwelling, unwashed, vegan, anti-capitalist rabble.

You should submit this as an attachment with your CV application for a job working in the Scottish football VAR control room. Like you they don't tolerate any kind of discrimination.😂

Slim

This is Cathy Nelson, mother of  a Just Stop Oil extremist who has just been sent to prison for four years. Cathy's upset that poor Cressie won't be able to attend her brother's wedding. Not a shred of sympathy of course for the many people who were unable to attend doctor's appointments, exams, interviews, funerals, weddings and so on due to the actions of her daughter and friends.

So nice to think of these people suffering in prison. I hope her narcissist, criminal daughter cries her eyes out into an insubstantial pillow every one of the many nights she'll be spending there. I hope they put her in a cell with a nutter with personal hygiene difficulties. I hope she has to live on minimum wage or handouts for the rest of her life.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Managed to walk off a long atrial fibrillation episode. Fourteen hours is the longest I've experienced in a while, probably due to this horrible cough and chest infection which I can't seem to shake. Sister has been to the doctor twice with it. Antibiotics to begin with and now on steroids too and she's usually very healthy. To say I'm delighted that I won't have to go into hospital later today to probably be shocked is the understatement of the year. Sinus rhythm is a glorious feeling. Never take it for granted.

Thenop

Saw a piece on the news last week here that compact camera's are very hip amongst the late teens / early twenty-ers. Went through the storage and found on (a Nikon) from some years ago, charged the battery, low and behold it worked like a charm. Stuck it on Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay sort of), was just picked up for 90 euros. Nice.
I have so much 'stuff' I really need to find more. I sold for around 2K last year alone. Have 2 Ipods classic 120Gb and 160Gb, they should fetch a few tenners.