What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

CT scan at Glenfield hospital today. I had to wait six minutes in the little waiting room and it was all done in another five. Plus I didn't have to pay for the car park since I was back there in less than 30 minutes, and the traffic was light both ways.

Best of all though I thought they might give me a dose of contrast fluid first, and I have a morbid fear of injections. They didn't.

Hopefully I'll find out if I have a kidney stone in a few days. I think I probably don't.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Pudders

Quote from: Slim on October 11, 2022, 05:01:25 PMCT scan at Glenfield hospital today. I had to wait six minutes in the little waiting room and it was all done in another five. Plus I didn't have to pay for the car park since I was back there in less than 30 minutes, and the traffic was light both ways.

Best of all though I thought they might give me a dose of contrast fluid first, and I have a morbid fear of injections. They didn't.

Hopefully I'll find out if I have a kidney stone in a few days. I think I probably don't.

Hope results are clear then James. I had a CT scan a while back when being diagnosed with Diverticulitis which involved an infusion which, they said, would make it feel like I'd pissed myself! Went through, nothing, thought well that's ok then, didn't feel a thing. Turned out to be a reference scan so went through again, with the infusion and, flippin' heck!  :o

pxr5

Just put down a deposit for another Dachshund as a buddy for our girl Bonnie ;D If it's a bitch she'll be called Bella; a dog - obviously Clyde. The mother is due in 2-3 weeks, so the pups will be ready in the new year.  ;D
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Distillery tour at Tomatin while in Inverness staying with friends this weekend..
Bought the 12 yr old malt which is just wonderful. Def one of my faves
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Gave nerdle  a try for the first time and got it in four.... tricky...
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

STV News website rightly praising Dunoon Grammar for an international education award it received. Then spelling Dunoon as Dunnon in the photo caption.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on October 19, 2022, 02:18:23 PMSTV News website rightly praising Dunoon Grammar for an international education award it received. Then spelling Dunoon as Dunnon in the photo caption.

I emailed the journalist in question and she replied within minutes assuring me the mistake would be put right. It was!😁👍

Slim

I've had mistakes on the BBC News site put right a few times in the distant past. I just leave them to it now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Here's an old comedy sketch from Not the Nine O'Clock News that's aged badly. Or perhaps it's aged quite well, depending on your point of view.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

This is funny:

Out 'Tapping' the Tap! What the hell is Janick Gers doing?

pdw1

pxr5

Quote from: pxr5 on October 11, 2022, 06:48:23 PMJust put down a deposit for another Dachshund as a buddy for our girl Bonnie ;D If it's a bitch she'll be called Bella; a dog - obviously Clyde. The mother is due in 2-3 weeks, so the pups will be ready in the new year.  ;D
Quoting myself, sorry. But our new puppy's mother gave birth to six gorgeous Dachshunds yesterday. 2 choc/tan males and 4 black/tan females. So we can say now we'll definitely be getting a little girl. 9 weeks to wait now - boo.

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Lovely glossy fur on them.

Pudders

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on October 19, 2022, 02:18:23 PMSTV News website rightly praising Dunoon Grammar for an international education award it received. Then spelling Dunoon as Dunnon in the photo caption.

I was mentioned in an article in The Independent, written by someone I had guided in France as, '...Neil Pudsey...' my moment of fame cruelly equated to a charity bear. The online article was changed (link below) but the print article remains! Mind you the sub-editor continued to cover himself in glory with that article by labelling a German War Graves Cemetery as a Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery, also pointed out, but still not changed after 8 years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-cemeteries-of-the-western-front-are-testament-to-the-worst-and-best-of-humanity-9593026.html