What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Footage of a mad woman being tasered. I would have supported the police officer using his firearm here, to be fair. If you've been asked to drop a knife three times and have declined to comply, I think it's the right approach.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

My old earbuds died recently just before my hols. Managed to get a pair of Bose earbuds on Amazon prime day on Tuesday about £100 cheaper than normal. Excellent sound and noise cancelling, far superior to my previous ones.

pxr5

We picked up our brand new car today. Ordered 13 April 2022, so not too bad delivery time considering the current issues with semiconductor supply.  :)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Matt2112

Seeing an England football team win a major tournament today was quite enjoyable - however, my day was really made when BBC News at Ten ended with a montage of England's Euro final victory with Van Halen's Top Of The World playing over it. :D

David L

Premiership teams to drop 'taking the knee' for the new season

Matt2112

Travelled about 2,000 miles roughly in a south-easterly direction today, which culminated in me being told at a hotel reception: "Your pronunciation is very good". ;)

Greece, I've missed you. 8) :D

Nickslikk2112

Sitting out in the sun watching 9 Long Tailed Tits and a Blue Tit on one of our Bird Feeders. With two LTTs watching on from a nearby tree branch. Does life get any better? (Most probably yes - ed.)

Matt2112

A whole afternoon on water slides - always a highlight of me jollies.

A couple of my splashdowns were a bit painful where it hurts, so even if you have the balls to go on the most thrilling slide, there won't be much left of them afterward.

Matt2112

A trip via boat to Lindos to visit the Acropolis, prevailing through the challenging heat, steep uphill walk and dicey terrain to recreate a couple of photos I took there 10 years ago - but this time, of course, with a special little companion. 😉 8)

Matt2112

When in Greece you occasionally get these brass-necked hawkers coming to your restaurant table - with apparent impunity - peddling trinkets or timeshares or whatever, placing their wares next to your drinks as if in some pound shop Dragon's Den pitch.

Fortunately, I am armed with seven syllables of perfectly-enunciated Greek which immediately sends them packing. 😏

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 12, 2022, 01:28:34 AMWhen in Greece you occasionally get these brass-necked hawkers coming to your restaurant table - with apparent impunity - peddling trinkets or timeshares or whatever, placing their wares next to your drinks as if in some pound shop Dragon's Den pitch.

Fortunately, I am armed with seven syllables of perfectly-enunciated Greek which immediately sends them packing. 😏
That sort of thing was terrible when we were in Kuta, Bali years ago. I think the authorities put a stop to it, thankfully

David L

The CWU has announced a further two days of strike action for 30th and 31st August. As luck would have it, the 30th is my Rota Day Off so I'll only lose one day's pay. The 31st is my birthday, so I'll have the day to celebrate..in whatever manner I choose!

Nick

A walk along the Jurassic coast with a dip in the refreshing sea followed by a pasty on the beach.

Nickslikk2112

HMCTS have approved my Probate application. Took less than four weeks and they work on it taking eight.
Being an Accountant I'm an expert form filler...

David L

Back at Laneside touring park in Hope for a long weekend. Tomorrow we sample the delights of The Old Hall Inn beer and cider festival  :)
Might even get a ride in before it kicks off at midday.