What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Been out for a very swish indian meal to celebrate a good friend's 50th.

Slim

Bercow has had his Commons pass revoked after an inquiry found him to have been a "serial bully" and a liar. I understand he's also been administratively suspended from the Labour Party now, as well. They welcomed him with open arms less than a year ago. Might have seen that coming.

Even the Guardian doesn't try a positive spin.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/mar/08/john-bercow-ex-speaker-banned-commons-bullying-inquiry

That peerage looks a long, long way off now ..

Next time he shouts "order!" perhaps someone will reply "one Big Mac with fries and a coke, please"
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Perhaps Patel should have hers removed as well.

David L

Managed to achieve quite a lot on my day off today. A trip to the dump and after finishing the spare room and installing the treadmill, the electronic drums are back in and set-up and the two road bikes are back up on the wall brackets. everything just works out perfectly space-wise..very pleased.
Had my first workout on the treadmill this afternoon, a fantastic piece of kit...especially for only £1499

Slim

Blimey, sounds like a serious bit of kit. Apart from my bikes my only exercise equipment is a rowing machine and I think it was £170 or something. Cheap one for sure but it works well enough when I use it, which these days isn't exactly a frequent occurrence. I should do that more often.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 08, 2022, 08:06:12 PMBlimey, sounds like a serious bit of kit.

https://www.proform.com/treadmills/pro5000

As my late father would've said: "would you like to try and make one for fifteen hundred quid?"
Even at the normal price of £1899, it's good value - gotta love the Chinese 

Nickslikk2112

It's International Women's Day, so I made sure Mrs S did ALL the work round the house today:

"Change over that QR Skewer and stick the bike in the Turbo Trainer Bitch!"  :)

pdw1

My son's 18th birthday today (well yesterday technically now). Had a lovely evening out for a meal with all the family and a few close friends. Tomorrow (well today) we are going to the pub to watch the rugby (his idea!). He can legally buy me a drink now!

Nickslikk2112

First time I bought my dad a drink - a Gold Label Barley Wine - he knocked the bloody thing over >:(

Fishy

Off to see Derren Brown tonight at the Kings Theatre Glasgow .. should have been April 2020...
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Walking round my old stamping ground, East Dulwich this morning. Heard a loud squawk, looked up and saw three parrots taking flight from a tree overhead.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Enjoying a thorough ultrasound scan performed by a rather appealing Hispanic lady possibly more than I strictly was meant to. ::)

pdw1

yesterday evening's simple pleasure - I upgraded the hardware and software of my Sonos system to sonos 2 :)
I can now play Rush at full volume all over the house.

David L

This:

https://youtu.be/NHNLNXq7r2U

"what's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?
About 6 months"  ;D  ;D

Couldn't stand the bloke years ago but I've warmed to him.
You're beginning to get under the MSM's skin, Russell. Must be doing something right, keep up the good work