What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

No James.

No squirrels - just paper targets and reactive targets.

The only live quarry I kill are rats in the garden. When we started feeding birds and squirrels in the garden, the rats started appearing.

That is the reason I got a gun last year, but it gave me the shooting bug and I found a little private club not too far from me.

Nick

Do you need a license for an air gun? I used to have a Webley air pistol that I fired pellets and darts from into targets, no wildlife.

R6GYY

For a sub-12 ft-lb powered air rifle, or sub-6 ft-lb air pistol you don't need a Fire Arms Certificate. Anything more powerful than those limits then you would need a Fire Arms Certificate.

The rules are different in Scotland I think.

Slim

I used to have a Webley pistol just like that one, it had belonged to my brother.

There are so many pigeons round here I must admit I'm tempted to start taking them out. Sick of finding bird crap on my car.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 03, 2022, 11:04:41 PMThere are so many pigeons round here I must admit I'm tempted to start taking them out. Sick of finding bird crap on my car.

Yes, don't know what birds eat nowadays but their crap sets like Araldite

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Our house is right next to the village green, and the organisers of the Jubilee fete arranged a Hurricane flyover. I was a bit disappointed as I'm going to a gig this afternoon and it was supposed to be taking place at 4:30.

But I just heard the roar of a Merlin engine overhead two minutes ago, ran out of the house and a Spitfire did two low passes right over the green! Not sure what's happened there, didn't have time to grab a camera unfortunately but what a stirring sight. And sound.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 04, 2022, 02:20:22 PMOur house is right next to the village green, and the organisers of the Jubilee fete arranged a Hurricane flyover. I was a bit disappointed as I'm going to a gig this afternoon and it was supposed to be taking place at 4:30.

But I just heard the roar of a Merlin engine overhead two minutes ago, ran out of the house and a Spitfire did two low passes right over the green! Not sure what's happened there, didn't have time to grab a camera unfortunately but what a stirring sight. And sound.
We saw a Spitfire over New Milton yesterday

R6GYY

Quote from: Slim on June 03, 2022, 11:04:41 PMI used to have a Webley pistol just like that one, it had belonged to my brother.

There are so many pigeons round here I must admit I'm tempted to start taking them out. Sick of finding bird crap on my car.
Sadly the law would not take too kindly to that. We have some strange laws about what you can shoot, and the reasons.

Rats are fair game luckily. I shot a couple in daylight around April last year, but with the aid of night vision gear, I bagged a total of 22 rats last year in our garden. I haven't seen any since Christmas but I dare say they will be back.

Nick

Quote from: R6GYY on June 04, 2022, 05:25:37 PM
Quote from: Slim on June 03, 2022, 11:04:41 PMI used to have a Webley pistol just like that one, it had belonged to my brother.

Sadly the law would not take too kindly to that. We have some strange laws about what you can shoot, and the reasons.

Rats are fair game luckily. I shot a couple in daylight around April last year, but with the aid of night vision gear, I bagged a total of 22 rats last year in our garden. I haven't seen any since Christmas but I dare say they will be back.

Reg I assume you have seen this already? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20239370/

R6GYY

I haven't started on Season 3 yet, so have that little delight waiting for me  8)

Matt2112

Inadvertently avoiding the utter apparent predictable sh!tness of the "Queen's Jubilee Concert" by going to see a bunch of considerably more entertaining local acts instead. Where two-pint (plastic) glasses were also available.

It was complete carnage - I totally made the right choice. ;D

David L

78th anniversary of the D-Day landings. Another chance to remind the French they had to be saved from tyranny by the bravery of young men from other nations

dom

Wow David, you could do with losing that resentment. Its really not good for you!

Someone once said "holding onto a resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person ,(country,!) to suffer!"

A

David L

Quote from: dom on June 06, 2022, 10:43:50 AMWow David, you could do with losing that resentment. Its really not good for you!

Someone once said "holding onto a resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person ,(country,!) to suffer!"

A
I think we know where the resentment lies, been displayed over and over again  ;)