Main Menu

A Massive Camel Boxset

Started by pxr5, April 20, 2023, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

32 Discs! I love Camel, but this likely too much for me even. Not priced yet either. I didn't get the VdGG boxset or the Gentle Giant studio or live ones either. Is this all a bit too much?

https://www.loudersound.com/news/massive-32-disc-camel-box-set-covers-the-bands-mca-and-decca-years

QuoteA 32-disc box set covering UK prog legends Camel's years on both MCA records and the Decca label from 1973-1984 will be released through UMC later this year.

Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 features newly remastered versions of every Camel album and single issued between 1973 and 1984, but also includes new stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound versions of the albums CamelMirageMusic Inspired By The Snow GooseMoonmadness and Nude.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

I like Camel and it's the sort of thing I'd love to have, especially for the remasters. But I'd never find time for the rest of the stuff.

Looking through my albums, I only have four of them and a compilation.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

I'd be more interested in a massive camel toe (I've had a drink)

pxr5

There were rumours that this had been binned but it is actually being released in November. £176.99 for 27CD + 5 Bluray.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/camels-32-disc-air-born-the-mca-and-decca-years-1973-1984-out-in-november
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

I won't be able to get through that before I die. I am getting older, I need new standards to buy music to, no?

Thenop

German webshop Just for Kicks lists it at 159.99 EUR with a release date of the 24th of November. It does look great, but it is so much stuff to wade through. Interested to hear new mixes though, not just remasters. And there's a lot of live stuff, however most of it seems to have been released at some point.
Never quite understood why they chopped up shows and added them (what seemed to be randomnly) onto the remasters form early 2000's I think it was.