My Effin' Life Geddy Lee bio

Started by Thenop, April 07, 2023, 01:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Out November 14, announced on Twitter of all places.
OK clearly no clue how to include the image even though I tried...
EDIT: finally managed.

The Picnic Wasp

Oh well, still quite a while to wait but I'm looking forward to it. Odd title choice. Might be the kind of thing that gets him on The Graham Norton Show on his promotional stint. 😁

Slim

Just saw that on Twitter myself and yes, that was my thought. Odd choice. I don't get it. Unless it refers to his fondness for swearing, as documented here:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/rush-bassist-vocalist-geddy-lees-memoir-my-effin-life-now-due-in-november-2023

I'd rather read Alex' memoirs anyway. Nonetheless this is very welcome.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Odd choice of cover photo as well...don't think there'll be many gussets soaked with that one...

pxr5

Whatever he looks like on the cover* or what the book is called, I'm really looking forward to getting this.  ;D

*I may store it face down though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

I think it would have been wiser to choose a dramatic live pic with a bit more energy, to appeal to the casual rock fan book shop browser.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

I wondered if it should be "My Elfin Life" referencing back to the Tolkein days of Rivendell

The Picnic Wasp

That release date is starting to get quite close all of a sudden.

Slim

Seems a bit steep at £15 for the Kindle edition but I expect I'll fork out.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

I'm hoping Santa will get me this...
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

I've never owned a Kindle but might invest in one before this release. I don't have a clue which are good or bad. Any suggestions welcome.

R6GYY

The hard cover will be on my Christmas wish list.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 11, 2023, 10:19:46 PMI've never owned a Kindle but might invest in one before this release. I don't have a clue which are good or bad. Any suggestions welcome.

There are no bad ones .. I have the old non-touchscreen version from about 2011 and a newer touchscreen model (about 2018 I think) and I honestly don't prefer either over the other. Would look for a second hand one on eBay. Can't go wrong really.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Here's an effin' review. Because the forum constrains the size of images as displayed you may wish to right-click and do 'open image in new tab' or similar.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan