Coincidences

Started by Slim, April 02, 2023, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Weird one this morning. I bumped into an old acquaintance outside Waitrose earlier. Nice guy, successful businessman, and we have a short chat whenever we bump into each other which is usually every couple of years. Last night though I dreamt about his younger brother. I've never actually met him, only recognise him by sight but the last time I saw him was twenty of thirty years ago. It was a weird dream where we had a massive fall out over a work matter. I've never worked with him. Back to today's meet. I've been reading and watching things online about folk with narcissistic personalities. About a minute into the conversation Paul starts to talk about a funeral he attended recently of an acquaintance he had a difficult relationship with due to the guy's narcissistic nature. He went on to describe all the traits I had read about to the letter. Very strange double coincidence.

Matt2112

If this thread is anything to go by, between us we're averaging about one uncanny coincidence a month since the thread started - and a few of those are from way back.

It seems it would actually be weirder if we had nothing to report.  :o  ;)

Fishy

Sitting on the balcony on holiday and who walks by.. folks we know from literally round the corner at home.. small world indeed
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Saw footage of the latest SpaceX rocket launch on the news this morning - as it blasted off and the exhaust fumes rushed toward the edge of the screen, an automated air freshener that's by the side of the telly and pointing roughly sideways shot out a jet of fragrant spray with pretty much perfect timing.