Printers

Started by pxr5, March 28, 2023, 07:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Well after another inkjet printer bombed out me yet again I had to do something about it. Why is it that they always seem to fail when you need them most? I was in court last week and was preparing some paperwork when the black ink failed in my HP Inkjet. I tried the YT hacks to fix it, only succeeding in getting black toner everywhere and the house stinking of IPA (not the beer btw). 

I've had different makes and models over the years and they all fail on me sooner or later, so I thought bollocks to this and have just bought a laser printer for the first time. They used to be very expensive but for a few hundred quid you can pick up a colour version with all the bells and whistles. I got a Brother one that was super easy to set up and is so much quicker, and cleaner, than those nasty inkjets. Time will tell of course but I'm impressed so far - it's like having a work printer at home haha.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

That's exactly what I did when I got sick of inkjet printers about ten years ago .. we don't use it often but the Samsung laser printer is still going strong. Just a basic black& white model.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Got a Canon Inkjet TR4550 during lockdown.. still going strong although it is a bit noisy
From The Land of Honest Men