More planets in the sky tonight

Started by Fishy, March 27, 2023, 03:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pdw1

Just had a look but it is cold so i came back in.

Fishy

Could see Mars Moon Venus about half an hour ago

Matt2112

Same here.

Quite a nice night tonight and a fair bit of low-flying air traffic using LBA and MAN, so I actually spent more time looking them up on Flightradar24.

Fishy

Venus is just so bright this evening  below the waxing moon..great stuff..

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on May 24, 2023, 10:31:01 PMVenus is just so bright this evening  below the waxing moon..great stuff..

Clear skies again.. just great👍

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Fishy on May 25, 2023, 10:15:57 PM
Quote from: Fishy on May 24, 2023, 10:31:01 PMVenus is just so bright this evening  below the waxing moon..great stuff..

Yes, gorgeous clear skies today and tonight. Garden full of foxes waiting for their dinner in daylight tonight. The vixen who has visited for the past few years and is almost tame (to me but no one else) seems to have kept her last litter with her this year which I don't think is natural behaviour. They are sticking together like a little gang at the moment but should have scattered to the four winds by now in normal development. I think something has changed for them though. As adaptable creatures I think they have reacted to an enormous increase in house building nearby, and rather than fight and noisily squabble for territory they have instinctively realised this unity with me as the benefactor is the most rewarding and logical route to take. I love foxes, hopefully as much as Chris Packham does. If there's anything worthwhile that our new king can do then it's surely to recognise this man and anyone else who publicly makes a plea for animal welfare. Go Vulpes vulpes!

Matt2112

Quote from: Fishy on May 25, 2023, 10:15:57 PM

Yes, their position against a twilight sky at around 10pm last night gave me a magnificent head-on view from the end of my drive.  Never been so awe-struck while putting the recycling bins out...  :)   

Fishy

Sun halos, arcs and upside-down rainbows seen across England https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65745708

Fishy

Venus lovely and bright tonight just to the right of the moon..

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on October 30, 2023, 10:04:09 PMVenus lovely and bright tonight just to the right of the moon..

Think I'm talking bllx. It could be Jupiter

Fishy

Leonid meteor shower: When, where and how to catch a glimpse of the shooting stars https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63670222

Fishy

An almost full moon with Jupiter to the bottom left.. lovely👍

Slim

Noticed that while out on the bike, though I didn't realise it was Jupiter. Nice.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan