Gigs

Started by Slim, February 24, 2022, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Stewart Lee Glasgow Mar 17th 2024..

Didn't expect to see him again for a couple of years.. top bloke👍
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Michael Schenker coming to Dublin in November.  Anyone seen him recently?  I'm thinking I'll go unless there is a view that he is past it.  Never seen him live so I'm leaning towards going.

captainkurtz

Quote from: dom on June 07, 2023, 05:30:33 PMMichael Schenker coming to Dublin in November.  Anyone seen him recently?  I'm thinking I'll go unless there is a view that he is past it.  Never seen him live so I'm leaning towards going.
He's been on fire, for the last decade at least.  Shame about his choice of singer over that period, but you can't have everything..

captainkurtz

Had to sell my ticket to Roger Waters on Saturday morning...disappointing.

Royal Blood - Newcastle City Hall - 21st June 2023
Peter Gabriel - Manchester Arena - 23rd June 2023
Siouxie - Tynemouth Priory - 7th July 2023
Feist - Dublin - 6th September 2023
PJ Harvey - Dublin 22/23 September 2023
Winery Dogs - Riverside - 3rd October 2023
Rival Sons - NX - 14th October 2023
Glenn Hughes - Boiler Shop - 17th October 2023
Norah Jones -  Gateshead Sage - 4th November 2023
Teenage Fanclub - Sage - 9th November 2023
Ben folds - Sage - 15th November 2023
Queens of the Stone Age - Stockton Globe - 20th November 2023
Extreme - Newcastle City Hall - 27th November 2023

Thenop

Went to see Winery Dogs last Tuesday - disappointing. Far too much wankery, look how fancy I can play instrument type of thing going on. Actually got in the way of what would otherwise be decent tunes. Also, it became clear to me why Kotzen is not the megastar he should be based on his guitar and vocal skills: the man lacks any form of stage presence and it looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. An hour into their set we left.

Highlight of the evening: opener Jared James Nichols, a blues based (very!) American guitarist/singer with his 2 pals on bass and drums that blew the roof off in the 45 mins they were granted. Really nice guy (went over to buy an LP and have a chat) that welcomed everyone like a long lost friend. No frills just very open and friendly. Also, huge arms, he played an old Epiphone Les Paul close goldtop, no pick, all fingers and just downright nice rock and roll.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Thenop on June 15, 2023, 11:27:45 AMWent to see Winery Dogs last Tuesday - disappointing. Far too much wankery, look how fancy I can play instrument type of thing going on. Actually got in the way of what would otherwise be decent tunes. Also, it became clear to me why Kotzen is not the megastar he should be based on his guitar and vocal skills: the man lacks any form of stage presence and it looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. An hour into their set we left.

Highlight of the evening: opener Jared James Nichols, a blues based (very!) American guitarist/singer with his 2 pals on bass and drums that blew the roof off in the 45 mins they were granted. Really nice guy (went over to buy an LP and have a chat) that welcomed everyone like a long lost friend. No frills just very open and friendly. Also, huge arms, he played an old Epiphone Les Paul close goldtop, no pick, all fingers and just downright nice rock and roll.

Oof.  That's disappointing...

pdw1

Yes that sounds very annoying.

Saw Coheed and Cambria on Tuesday. Fantastic show with very enthusiastic audience.
Tomorrow Empire State Bastard in Cambridge. I will probably be deaf all weekend. Looking forward to it.

Nickslikk2112

Hawkwind - Royal Albert Hall 29th September

Celebrating 50 years of Space Ritual. Taking Mrs S as she's never seen Hawkwind and she's never been to the RAH, she's prepared to put up with Captain Brock and crew for that...

Neillwith2Ls

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 16, 2023, 11:47:15 AMHawkwind - Royal Albert Hall 29th September

Celebrating 50 years of Space Ritual. Taking Mrs S as she's never seen Hawkwind and she's never been to the RAH, she's prepared to put up with Captain Brock and crew for that...

Balked at the prices for that, but to be expected I suppose. Want to catch them once more live before DB retires, but would prefer a regional/theatre gig.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on June 27, 2023, 08:13:53 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 16, 2023, 11:47:15 AMHawkwind - Royal Albert Hall 29th September

Balked at the prices for that, but to be expected I suppose. Want to catch them once more live before DB retires, but would prefer a regional/theatre gig.
I'm consoling myself with the fact that it's cheaper than David Gilmour was... And the fact that Mrs S gets to visit the Albert Hall. Sooner see them at Buxton Opera House though, lovely venue.

pxr5

My wife and I went to Lytham festival last night. The weather was appalling - horizontal rain virtually the whole way through. The Kaiser Chiefs were pretty good, Blondie - well the band was great but Debbie Harry's voice just can't cope with those difficult notes anymore (and who knew Glen Matlock played bass with Blondie), Sting at least played Police songs as well as his well known solo stuff. But the weather just horrendous and everyone was literally drenched through and I'm still aching from standing for 5 hours.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

captainkurtz

Feist - Dublin - 6th September 2023
PJ Harvey - Dublin 22/23 September 2023
Winery Dogs - Riverside - 3rd October 2023
Rival Sons - NX - 14th October 2023
Glenn Hughes - Boiler Shop - 17th October 2023
Norah Jones -  Gateshead Sage - 4th November 2023
Teenage Fanclub - Sage - 9th November 2023
Ben folds - Sage - 15th November 2023
Queens of the Stone Age - Stockton Globe - 20th November 2023
Extreme - Newcastle City Hall - 27th November 2023
Foo Fighters - Glasgow Hampden Park - 17th June 2024

pdw1

Storming gig by Iron Maiden last night at the O2 Arena in London. Just what I needed after a shit week. They are starting to look a bit long in the tooth but they still give it everything.

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on July 08, 2023, 12:30:00 PMStorming gig by Iron Maiden last night at the O2 Arena in London. Just what I needed after a shit week. They are starting to look a bit long in the tooth but they still give it everything.

I was at Leeds a couple of weeks ago and I thought they've never been better.

Thenop

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 08, 2023, 02:44:27 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on July 08, 2023, 12:30:00 PMStorming gig by Iron Maiden last night at the O2 Arena in London. Just what I needed after a shit week. They are starting to look a bit long in the tooth but they still give it everything.

I was at Leeds a couple of weeks ago and I thought they've never been better.

Good to hear, seeing them coming Tuesday.